Unadilla Mx

Mtbdog

Sat. 8/10 Unadilla Mx moto on channel 4 at 4pm Then on nbcsn at 6pm. Check out a little Una-F%$#in'-Dilla!

Mtbdog

Is it really *Una-F%$#in'-Dilla!*, if Bob Hannah is not racing?
Not really!
"The other side sucks".......dog em!.....
There is only one side now with the track changes over the years. Early 80's thru the early 90's was the best times, camping in the west campground across the street was an experience to say the least. Cars in the lake, roaming keg parties( kegs on motorized carts) was the best. Sunday morning at the GP's was nerve racking as the Bainbridge police would pretty much arrest about 2-3 dozen people for who knows what. It earned it's name as "The Woodstock of Motocross" one big party!

Mtbdog

“Gravity Cavity”
"Screw You" I remember in '89 Rob Herring went down screw you in the lead and never came back up, he was in the swamp, over the berm and in the swamp and nobody helped him cause he was f%$#in' Euro! Hannah jumping out Gravity Cavity was the best picture in mx, treetop level, feet off the pegs, bike a little sideways man those were the days. Now adays it's a speedway. I miss the old off-camber tree turn where the mechanics were. Wow memories just rushing thru me now!

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Hannah v. O'Mara at 'Dilla '86(?) was the best, most dramatic race day in MX.

The 1979 USGP course was the best 'Dilla course ever, very long, whooped out, and rugged. The FIM then made them shorten the course for emergency response. And then a couple years later made them scrape the whoop-de-dos flat for the double jump rule. I remember the '79 USGP Saturday practice sessions, w/ Bob rubbing his front tire against whichever Russian team member that he was passing at the time. Then going all John Wayne on the mic afterwards. Fun Stuff!

Mtbdog

Hannah vs O'Show or '77 in the Trans-ama race Hannah vs De Coster. Roger's pipe almost broke off from Hannah ramming him in the corners was a good one also. Or how about a little more modern, RC vs Bubba crash and Ricky just threw Bubba's Kawi to side like it was nothing he was so pissed! Great stuff, thanks for jogging the memory.

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
A sidebar to *thanks for jogging the memory*.

I sent a youtube link of WideWorldOfSports coverage of the 1967 Hopetown race (w/ DeCoster, Robert, and Hallman) to a friend. He replied thanks for the link. And briefly mentioned that after a good first day special test time in a Two Day Qualifier, Torsten Hallman came up to talk to him. I made it a point to learn more. Jim is awesome.

Last edited:

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Was a regular from 1974 thru 1987, never missed then I was sporadic. Haven't gone last decade but was thinking about it this year just wasnt in the cards. OMara was my guy, had signed poster also one from DeCoster on my walls right next to my Farra Fawcet silver Bathing suit?

V-Dub

So think all you old timers should drive on up there next year cause the racing is better than ever. I've been going there pretty consistently for like 41 years, I've seen everyone and I can't remember anyone riding that track as well as Roczen did a couple weeks ago.

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
For me, after "Dilla halted the overnight camping and a lot of other fun, I discovered that the racing at Budds Creek is just as good, and half the drive.

Give us old timers a break and leave us with our memories of watching; Tony D. on a CZ at the Cumberland County Fairgrounds, Hannah giving all at "Dilla and E-Town, the Penton family flying at Coyles Field, and that crazy '73 SX race at JFK Stadium. The 70s and 80s were a special time for MC development and competition. I wished that I had found the time to go see Kenny Roberts and Jay Springsteen race too.

Bevo_Forte_BH_cp.jpg

V-Dub

For me, after "Dilla halted the overnight camping and a lot of other fun, I discovered that the racing at Budds Creek is just as good, and half the drive.

Give us old timers a break and leave us with our memories of watching; Tony D. on a CZ at the Cumberland County Fairgrounds, Hannah giving all at "Dilla and E-Town, the Penton family flying at Coyles Field, and that crazy '73 SX race at JFK Stadium. The 70s and 80s were a special time for MC development and competition. I wished that I had found the time to go see Kenny Roberts and Jay Springsteen race too.

View attachment 103604
No no no don't get me wrong, love the old days too (like the picture of Bevo holding the RatioRite) I just saying get out and enjoy the current stuff it's just as good if not better than ever. I saw Bevo at Unadilla this year.

V-Dub

I was only 9, so I remember watching some of these on TV with my friends, but not much of the details....I had a big poster of the O show on my wall....Was pretty amazing getting to race with him at the XC nationals.

So in part 2 of the 3 videos at 5' 13" when O show is being in interviewed by Larry my wife and I walk across the track through the camera view.
That was too funny, thanks Utah!

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
So in part 2 of the 3 videos at 5' 13" when O show is being in interviewed by Larry my wife and I walk across the track through the camera view.
That was too funny, thanks Utah!

Did you notice the guy casually picking up Bob's helmet (I think.) at the finish. I remember they kept calling over the PA, pleading for the return of Bob's helmet. It was ultimately returned. :)

Top Bottom