ugh... 10 days of rain?

EtE

Maybe they're just kidding?

I'm not taking any chances, heading out to Clayton in about 45 minutes!!

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i just checked noaa.org...looks like rain until AT LEAST sunday. sweet. :angry:

Glancing Aft

Well I'll keep my fingers crossed for the tourne later this week. Otherwise I'll just have to wait to ride my roadie down at OBX next week... :(

ytc100

Rode the Tourne this morning and it was in surprisingly good shape. A couple of the usual mushy spots but overall very ridable and dare I say it, nice.

ytc100

She's really into it this year! Time to get a new bike for her soon. Any suggestions for a nice women's full sus? She'll need a 13-14" frame.
So far I'm thinking Trance (no surprise there) but it's a bit expensive. :)

S

Stan LeCupp

I've read alot of recommendations for a Santa Cruz Juliana for women. Cambria bike sell complete bikes for around $1500.

ytc100

heythorp said:
wsd stuff is expensive. From riding Elles ($2400, in 2004) Its really heavy. I almost think she would have been better off on something lighter. If she is going to get into mt. biking more seriously it might be worth looking into a light FS.

If she is going to continue riding like she is(some road some mt) I would seriously think about staying with a hardtail.

She should take Elle's SJ out for a try if we can get the seat low enough.

Maybe NJ Jess could give you an idea

We'll definitley keep her hardtail and dress it up for the road.

I keep forgetting about trying out Elle's bike. Maybe Sunday?

ytc100

Stan LeCupp said:
I've read alot of recommendations for a Santa Cruz Juliana for women. Cambria bike sell complete bikes for around $1500.

Thanks. I'll look into the Juliana - it's in the right price range.

ytc100

heythorp said:
sunday is cool if you want to take it, Elle is going to a wedding Saturday wont be back until late Sunday. So its your if you want. We just have to remember to take out some air becuase its set up for my fat ass right now.

Maybe its time for a pedal try too?

That would be cool. I'll grab it Saturday if I could so I can set it up for her.

There's no way she'll try clipless pedals this season. Maybe in a couple more seasons but she's a flat pedal diehard.

ytc100

heythorp said:
just quickly checking specs and stuff, the trance is the way to go. Thats a good bike for her, as long as they make one small enough. she is going to kill you for not getting her in somthing like that sooner.

I know the Trance would be great for her but it's really too expensive - I can't spend more on her bike than mine! :)

I've been trying to convince her she needs a new bike all season. Maybe a ride on the stumpjumper will change her mind.

ytc100

I know, I saw it last Sunday when I was dropping off my fork. Going to take another look at it soon.

Top Bottom