UFC, MMA fans...

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Bellator has some great talent now. I can do without Ben Askren forever; entirely non-exciting - like a really boring version of St Pierre. Also BFC heavy weights are meh.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Alexander-Keshtov-89955
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Albert-Tumenov-60198
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Alexey-Oleinik-2027

We have these guys coming over. Alex Keshtov is here now for some smaller fights; this guys is amazing despite his lack of record. At least as good as Nurmagomedov. Tumenov is close to a contract and we'll see Alexey in WSOF.

Dr Superb

I'm looking forward to the fights next sat. Great card. Too bad it's my wife's bday. Luckily she likes MMA. Even luckier her favorite fighter is Donald Cerrone, second favorite fighter? GSP obviously...

Dr Superb

Akhmedov with a chuck Liddell style KO haha! Didn't you post something about this guy like a year ago? Maybe I am thinking of someone else.

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Slick pass to side control. Can't believe mirko is still fighting...

I thought the same thing when I found out Alexey was fighting him a couple weeks ago.

Akhmedov is another Dagey - not in our camp though. (I use the term "our" loosely - my wife is the one in the business - I just go to get choked out and beat on once a week)

MSH

I'm looking forward to the fights next sat. Great card. Too bad it's my wife's bday. Luckily she likes MMA. Even luckier her favorite fighter is Donald Cerrone, second favorite fighter? GSP obviously...

Who do you have this saturday?

-Hendricks > GSP
-Chael > Rashad
-Rory > Robbie
-Kos > Woodley

I'm secretly excited about seeing little pettis fight.

Dr Superb

Who do you have this saturday?

-Hendricks > GSP
-Chael > Rashad
-Rory > Robbie
-Kos > Woodley

I'm secretly excited about seeing little pettis fight.

Gsp, rashad, Rory, Woodley, Cerrone (why the hell is he on the undercard!?)

Sergio is gonna be nasty...

MSH

Gsp, rashad, Rory, Woodley, Cerrone (why the hell is he on the undercard!?)

Sergio is gonna be nasty...

Well done with your picks--I hope sergio moves down to flyweight, I don't know how many times I can watch benavidez fight mighty mouse. I actually picked all 5 main cards wrong, all 7 undercards correct, if that means anything.

Correction, I picked one main card event right, hendricks won that.

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
That was pretty bad. I'm a GSP fan AND I love the way Hendricks is all-in. He'll sacrifice defense for offense... He really dominated GSP with the exception of the pity-pat jabbing stuff. GSP is tough as nails but he lost that fight. I hope this does not become a re-curring theme. As much as Dana might like the rematches it becomes frustrating for a fan to see judging like this. Even the Lawler fight was a split - really?

I re-watched the fight and I think I went from having it 4-1 to 3-2 for Big Rig no way it goes the other way.

Dr Superb

Well done with your picks--I hope sergio moves down to flyweight, I don't know how many times I can watch benavidez fight mighty mouse. I actually picked all 5 main cards wrong, all 7 undercards correct, if that means anything.

Correction, I picked one main card event right, hendricks won that.

thx, i am usually horrible w/ my picks...

I am a big benavidez fan (well, all of the AM people as well)....

Dr Superb

That was pretty bad. I'm a GSP fan AND I love the way Hendricks is all-in. He'll sacrifice defense for offense... He really dominated GSP with the exception of the pity-pat jabbing stuff. GSP is tough as nails but he lost that fight. I hope this does not become a re-curring theme. As much as Dana might like the rematches it becomes frustrating for a fan to see judging like this. Even the Lawler fight was a split - really?

I re-watched the fight and I think I went from having it 4-1 to 3-2 for Big Rig no way it goes the other way.

agreed 1000%...this is kinda becoming the norm now. judges seem to hate giving away the belt on a decision. happened w/ Edgar, Smooth henderson, Maynard, jones vs gustafson, and GSP vs hendricks....

i dont know how that lawler fight was split either.....lawler has been fighting really well as of late. but, rory barely even showed up.

olegbabich

20131228_jla_aj4_534-a07afd350d77257798879763d5789c33_zps9a3e8b05.jpg

Ouch!!!!!

dmc123

I was watching this fight at a bar. Not many people saw the actual break as it happened. When they showed the replay in slow motion there was a collective "oooooohhhh" in unison. Quite gruesome. Looks like he was going to get beat even if this didn't happen, he was just about knocked out in the first round.

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was sick to my stomache for a bit after that. Worst part is my wife is sitting there with a fight of her own coming up....

Which by the way she won. I was impressed; her first fight in the cage against a 7 fight vet and she dominated for 3 rounds. Won 30-27 on all cards with some great action.

Top Bottom