Tymor park this afternoon ...

F

FallGirl1430

Conditions were excellent, no mud, just a few minor wet spots in the low areas after the first climb. Jesus is this place loaded with climbs, Tommy and I rode for 2:20 and maybe 14 miles. Last year I raced the beginner class there, today we rode the sport/expert loop, wow what a difference. I need work in climbing and this place is for me. Once you do the single track loop around the lake than its through the grassy fields to the first 1/4 mile uphill. After we crossed the road the next hill seemed to be over 1 mile long. I think we wandered off course which is why the climb was so long. There will be 2 races this year at Tymor Park, one is part of the H2H series in May and the second is part of the NY State series. Yesterday at Stewart and today Tymor, Im tired. Happy riding,

Christina ... :)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Isn't Tymor closed to non-locals all year, save for the race(s)?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So the answer is yes?

The thread is kinda meaningless then, unless you're offering to ride with anyone who wants to ride up there.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
nice norm. i'm sure there are people other than cyclocross fool who are either members of or friends of members of this site. it is, to a degree, a regional park. it's part of the race series, and i think it would be nice to have trail conditions updates on it from time to time.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I tend to doubt there's much crossover. This is close to 2 hours from most of the people who post here. I don't think there are a lot of locals who can ride there, and post here. Even cyclocrossfool wouldn't be posting here if his girlfriend wasn't a regular here.

If it were the week of a race it would be one thing. I just don't see how this is any more pertinent than posting the conditions of your back yard.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
...I just don't see how this is any more pertinent than posting the conditions of your back yard.

i just don't see how that really matters. or how that would be a good reason to be so rude about it. it's not like they were really killing bandwidth. i've posted up stuff regarding rides in philly, md, delaware, ny, alaska, ireland and costa rica and you've never openly scoffed at it. i don't see how this is any different.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not rude, merely pointing out what I see as the obvious. These parks are closed to the public for a reason. Do I really need to go into that whole bit about posting conditions to a group of semi-local people for a park that's closed to them? It's only slightly more useful than posting conditions to South Mountain or Watchung. Obviously there are access issues, which is why the park is closed to non-locals. Posting trail conditions only serves to exacerbate that problem.

FallGirl sent me a PM saying she was under the impression the park is open. So clearly there's a midunderstanding on her part.

It's not about being off topic, as 98% of this board is. It's about the obvious connotations as pointed out above. Same deal applies to the second half of your Wall reroute at MD.

cyclocrossfool

the tymor H2H race is May 18 (race #2 ).we were just posting conditions of the course and above all a place to go ride your bike.we thought people would be interested if they were going to preride the course. in all my years of going there ive have not been asked were i live. or any body else that i know has been asked either. distance has never been a deterent to go ride my bike somewhere (europe). i big thankyou to Anrothar, i think he gets it (the big picture)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey, if you guys want to promote illegal riding, that's fine. Do your thing.

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
Hey Norm, if it wasn't for this "useless" thread, I would not have known Tymor is a locals only area. I'm glad to see your enthusiasm towards someone that got out and rode this weekend. Would it have been different if they said that there were a ton of trees down and the trails needed work? Since its so off topic, I'll say that Hunter was nice yesterday after the sun softened up all of the trails. All in all, I'm just glad to see one of the moderators of the board lash out for no reason.

So much for putting a good spin on Mountain Biking in the area.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You guys are looking for something that's not there. I asked a valid question, and it turned out that yes, those trails are closed to non locals. I answered with my opinion, which Sean took exception to. I was actually not being snarky at all with my first reply to Tommy. If he wants to lead legal rides since he's a local, great. If you guys want to ride illegally, again, go ahead, have fun. But I think it's wrong.

This board is not a place to promote illegal riding. That's what I'm trying to suggest with my comments, even if they do read a bit harshly. Sorry.

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
You guys are looking for something that's not there.

How so? You said that the posting of conditions at Tymor are useless and they should not be posted. I'm not about to start a flame war here. I'll just have to start ignoring the Mods and listening to the users.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I said "kinda meaningless". Do you disagree? Posting conditions to a park where 99% of the people who post here cannot legally ride is what I would call, "kinda meaningless". How is my assessment inaccurate?

Me being a moderator shouldn't be construed as knowing any more or less than anyone else. Given the number of posts I have, I'm surprised it's taken you this long to start ignoring me.

As a general note to anyone not ignoring me, I apologize for my second post, which someone pointed out offline comes across as abrupt/confrontational.

mwlikesbikes

i'm kinda curious as to how they know who's a local and who's not? i don't condone poaching trails but if i were to ride there i'm not sure how someone could know if i'm from there or not.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
just fyi, alamuchy is for locals only. and in case you're wondering, the bears know the difference.

disclaimer: this is a complete lie (except for the part about the bears). norm is right and everyone settle down. too damn bad if davidson fawked up your bracket. deal with it.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
just to kick the dead horse one more time.

there are several races that exist on trails that are open to bikes ONLY for the race. one in delaware(i forget which, iron hills maybe) and the boy scout camp portions of the 24 hrs of allamuchy. would posting a review of those races be 'kinda meaningless? it's the rides, races and events forum; and as such, i don't see how an enthusiastic review of someones legal ride could possibly be questionable.

maybe it would have been better, norm, if you simplay came in and said something to the effect of, "just a reminder to everyone that these trails are open to township residents and their guests only.". because the way you worded your original responses did seem to me to be confrontational and discouraging to the op. sort of singling them out and trying to make them look bad for doing something entirely legal(since he's a local.).

i appologize for dredging it back up, but it just didn't sit right with me.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Thanks anyway Christina for the course input. Obviously, you felt srongly enough about it to post it, and for a good reason ... The climbing at this race should not be taken too lightly. Not to sound discouraging, but I have always found this a hard race when early in the season. I generally plan a taper beforehand as well as after to rest for the next race.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ok, ok, kids. now settle down and fight nice. i see everyone's point. lets just agree to disagree and be done with it.

see, isn't it much easier when everyone is right?

now fallgirl and tommy can ride tymor (where ever it is) in peace, mixmastamike can...uh...mix. sean, you can go to AK knowing that all is right in the mtbnj.com universe. norm, well, you can just keep on being your sweet, lovable self.

hell, maybe even brett can chime in and let us know how his battling with bobw for chainsaw time is going.

what other love can i spread while i'm at it? :D

Top Bottom