Tymor park this afternoon ...

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
just to kick the dead horse one more time.

there are several races that exist on trails that are open to bikes ONLY for the race. one in delaware(i forget which, iron hills maybe) and the boy scout camp portions of the 24 hrs of allamuchy. would posting a review of those races be 'kinda meaningless? it's the rides, races and events forum; and as such, i don't see how an enthusiastic review of someones legal ride could possibly be questionable.

maybe it would have been better, norm, if you simplay came in and said something to the effect of, "just a reminder to everyone that these trails are open to township residents and their guests only.". because the way you worded your original responses did seem to me to be confrontational and discouraging to the op. sort of singling them out and trying to make them look bad for doing something entirely legal(since he's a local.).

i appologize for dredging it back up, but it just didn't sit right with me.

By all means, not that I need to encourage you, but speak your mind for sure. I'm not going to use my green name to do anything like shout someone down. If I'm being a dick, feel free to say as much. I asked a few people who agreed I had a point, but that my second reply was a bit harsh, and thus I apologize for that. I was really just answering his one-liner with a one-liner.

You're right, I should have just replied with a reminder like you say. To answer your question, I would consider reviews of all those trails kinda meaningless, though if you make it clear they're off-limits, then cool. No harm no foul.

Pixy brings up a good point about the climbing here. The fact this is an early race makes me want to scratch this race for the reasons she says. I'm gravity-bound as it is, that place emphasizes it.

The Delaware course you refer to is Granogue.

I consider this thread Spring Training for the discussions when the race season starts. Can we start calling people sandbaggers yet?

mwlikesbikes

Dick!!!

JK normy! you is good peeps. i think part of being a good moderator is being a dick at times to keep us unruly serfs in line. :getsome:
it all comes back to spaceballs, We're all assholes sir!

ryderX

Thanks anyway Christina for the course input. Obviously, you felt srongly enough about it to post it, and for a good reason ... The climbing at this race should not be taken too lightly. Not to sound discouraging, but I have always found this a hard race when early in the season. I generally plan a taper beforehand as well as after to rest for the next race.

Hmmm, tapering before big events ? Shall I assume you've tapered for the CCWC this weekend ? I know I rode much too hard this weekend in Allamuchy.

Glancing Aft

BTW, I'm glad this all came up because I was thinking of going up there to preride the course in a few weeks, so I do find it to be a relevant report. So FallGirl keep them coming, I enjoy reading them since I don't get to ride much in lower upstate new york!

NJ Jess

Buy the day pass

and i'm still wondering how they know who's local and who's not????:hmmm:

No, they do not know if you are or are not a local except for the license plate. If you park at the deli and bike in,...they don't ask,...heck,... there weren't anyone on the trails anyhow.

I didn't know the race loop, so I went to the town office above the park. For 5 dollars I got a day pass and a park map. Unfortunately, their are very few trail stewarts and there were a lot of blow downs and trail deterioration. I gave my map back to the office lady with marks on the map of problem areas. She then gave me my 5 dollars back and said I saved them a lot of time.

As Ellen said, it's a difficult challenge to bike there not to mention so far away. Therefore, I only bike it on race day. Ringwood is way more fun anyhow.

cyclocrossfool

although its signs are posted unionvale res. only. the park is open to all humans from "... to nonresidents after labor day until memorial day". during the summer they have people that work there. they check I.D.,s for people heading to the center park/ swimming pool area. BTW this local was with his girlfriend who happens to have NJ plates.

mwlikesbikes

I think a jersey plate might give it away. :D

True enough, but a guy from Buffalo, NY is less of a local than us. i guess it's like Fair Hills, MD. where out of staters pay 5 or 6 bucks and the MD. residents pay 4. That sound right Jess?

Too much thinking, need beer!

F

FallGirl1430

To the postings by Cyclocrossfool, thanks ... honey :)

Wow, I never thought that posting a few lines about our ride at Tymor Park would cause such a battle of words! Honestly when I drive my Jersey plated car into the parking lot at Tymor I really never bother reading the signs, I'm more concerned on what color lipstick would be proper for the upcoming ride!
Tommy found on a website that all are allowed to ride there except during the summer. NJJess noted that one can purchase a single day pass to ride as well, ^5 Jessica.

* So FallGirl keep them coming, I enjoy reading them since I don't get to ride much in lower upstate new york! * (Glancing Aft)

Oh I intend to keep the coming Glancing Aft, in one way I feel I am fortunate to spend my weekends in NY State. This weekend coming I want to ride at 909 in Pleasant Valley and possibly at a new place called ... Jockey Hill, in Kingston. I hear that place has over 1,000 acres of trails. Now Tommy and I are going to watch the DVD of 2008 Cyclocross World Championships from Italy ... trust me, ya don't wanna know where we got the tape from :p

Happy trails,

Christina ... :)

ps. After work ride at WV/CR tomorrow 5pm ish

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wow, I never thought that posting a few lines about our ride at Tymor Park would cause such a battle of words!

Wait until race season rolls around. Brings a lot of people out of the woodwork. Don't sweat it either way, as they say it's all good.

Glancing Aft

Let us know how Jockey Hill is! That place is about 10 min or so from my roomate's parent's house and I've been wanting to check it out!

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Jockey Hill is cool!! Hand crafted style fun trails with rock features like Williams Lake. I don't think the trails are marked too well, so a guide would be recommended.

F

FallGirl1430

Jockey Hill is cool!! Hand crafted style fun trails with rock features like Williams Lake. I don't think the trails are marked too well, so a guide would be recommended.

Thank you Ellen, I will try to find someone to ride with. I got lost very easy.
Christina ... :)

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Hmmm, tapering before big events ? Shall I assume you've tapered for the CCWC this weekend ? I know I rode much too hard this weekend in Allamuchy.

oh shush! I don't need to taper for events, I'm in the taper of life!

Wait til you're 50 ! :getsome:

Last edited:
Top Bottom