TWITCH, New to the area and back in the saddle finally!!

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
So, Tex,

Seein' how it's so quiet around here lately what with the snow up to our gizzards and since I imagined your southern drawl so well, like when you said "mmmboy, thats good eatin!!!", I figure we could sit here and chat a spell, least till the magnolia blooms.:rolleyes:

Now why don't you just spin us a little yarn and tell us how you got the name, TWITCH1.
It don't all have to be true neither.

T

TWITCH1

Well the truth actually is that i have a twitch... Never been diagnosed but i have a mild case of tourettes syndrome. When i was in junior high i was dubbed TWITCH, now everyone calls me that, even my mom.:cool: I dont have the vocal part of tourettes that most people think of when they hear of tourettes ( the yelling or random cursing) but i do clear my throat and "twitch". Its past on geneticlly i found out but nobody in my family has it:hmmm: My wife laughs because i dont want my son to have it, we wont know till he's older, sigh. She said we will call him tweak ( shes so mean, haha j/k). But that is a true story

T

TWITCH1

Or as i told people when i was a bouncer in houston: I used to do a lot of acid and coke. (not true) So they thought i was having flashbacks or something. I used to also say i hade nerve damage from playing football, or a car crash. Since kids were mean growing up about it. Those stories would shut'em up. Had an ex girlfriend call me her human vibrator, that was funny. Glad that name didnt stick, that wouldn't have been cool.:rofl:

T

TWITCH1

My accent really isnt very thick at all. I'm originally from Houston, Tx. My wife on the other hand has a thick accent from Arkansas. Sometimes my accent will come out if i'm around a lot of backwoods southerners or if im tired.:D Where you from cyclo? 'Round these parts? Not Basten ( boston) i hope...:rofl::drooling:

T

TWITCH1

White clay/ Middle run

Would anyone be willing to go to the white clay creek/ middle run trail. I'm thinking about going at the begginning of March. I assume it will be warmer than it is now. :hmmm: Has anyone ridden that trail? I hear its nice.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
Would anyone be willing to go to the white clay creek/ middle run trail. I'm thinking about going at the begginning of March. I assume it will be warmer than it is now. :hmmm: Has anyone ridden that trail? I hear its nice.

a bunch of us from up here have been trying to get down there but everytime we tryed this year it rained, lol. and they frown upon riding there in bad conditions. once the weather cooperates we will definetly get a ride down there.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
I dont have the vocal part of tourettes that most people think of when they hear of tourettes ( the yelling or random cursing)
Aha!! Tourettes, that must be it! I too surprise myself with vocal bursts and random cursing and yelling. Though it usually happens when I get tossed from my mountain bike or narrowly miss a tree.;)
Sometimes my accent will come out if i'm around a lot of backwoods southerners or if im tired.:D Where you from cyclo? 'Round these parts? Not Basten ( boston) i hope...:rofl::drooling:
Funny you should ask. I'm from here, but my mom is from Mass. I picked their accent up pretty quick rather than be eaten alive by my older cousins. Good times on the Cape and Maatha's Vinyaad. I guess it stems from that, but I love playing with dialect and can fake an accent from many places. Oh, and it's 'Baahstin' to you!:p
Just post up the when and where on the 'rides, races, events' area or in the specific park's forum and you're bound to wind up with a few folks happy to show you around or willing to get lost with you.

For a southerner, you sure don't disappoint in the ramblings on area, now do ya' Tex?;):rofl:

T

TWITCH1

Yep... Gotta be the tourretts...hahhahaha, I can ramble with the best of'em. I apologize for misspelling your pronounciation of that very odd place you call baahstin I hear its nice this time of year. :rofl: Outstanding... I love when a group of people get lost this time of year, as long as my wifes not around:cool:, that gets ugly. Cuz of course i was the one that made the wrong turn.

rockmonster

Eternal Beginner
Middle Run / White Clay Creek

That used to be my home trail! I lived about a mile from the middle run trailhead... I would ride there from my house 3 or 4 days a week. Really well groomed trail with lots of fun sculpted terrain.
I'm new to these boards, and I've only ridden maybe a dozen times since I moved to NJ over two years ago. I plan to check out Round Valley, as soon as weather permits.

Top Bottom