Turner 5-spot, CK/819 Wheels, 426 Revelation

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
========= Package Deal; The Turner & Fork for $950...you pick it up @ my place ===========

Hi folks,

Well, it is time to let my life on a 26er fade into my past...so here is what I'm putting up for sale...

2004.5 Turner 5-Spot Frame with famous Horst Link, Size Large (19"), $800

• The 2004.5 is an early production 2005. The front triangle is a 2005 with a 2004 rear.
  • Condition VERY good; excellent for an almost 4 year old bike. Some cable rub, some scrapes, and a small ding just in front of the BB. The ding doesn't affect anything and can't even be seen unless the bike is up-side-down.
  • Replaced the stock Romic coil with a Rock Shox Monarch 4.2 earlier this year. I will include the stock Romic w/a 650 lb spring if you want it.
  • I upgraded this frame to the 5.5" Turner rockers shortly after putting the Monarch on it.
  • I will include a SRAM X9 Front Derailleur. When you update some Turners to the 5.5" rockers, ya' need to go with an X9 front derailleur. The XT, for instance, has a longer cage and can come in contact with the chainstay under full compression; not so with the shorter X9.
  • I will include a seat post clamp (Weyless, I think).
  • I will include a spare Turner derailleur hanger.
  • I will include a rear bushing rebuild kit. It doesn't need it, but you'll have it if you ever need it (Turner charges $75 for these).
  • If you bought all this stuff new, it'd be $1700+ as long as the 2008 Turners on sale...and you'd get the allegedly inferior TNT rear verses the Horst; $2100 new if the Turners weren't on sale.
Chris King/Mavic XM819 Wheelset, SOLD!

• Navy blue CK ISO Disc Hubs. QR front.
  • Hubs are a little under 4 years old. They were freshened up a couple of years ago (by the previous owner of the Turner).
  • Hoops are both Mavic XM 819 USTs.
  • The front hoop is as old as the hubs. It is in very good shape, but has some small nicks. No bends. No gashes. Upgraded the stem to the newer Mavic stems that allow you to remove the core to add sealant.
  • The rear hoop is about six months old and was built up by John at CW. It may be time for it's "free truing"...we'll work that out.
  • I will include a set of Panaracer Fire Pro USTs mounted up and ready to ride. They're about 9 months old and are in great condition.
  • I will also include a set of Panaracer Trailraker USTs. I used these during the late winter; only a few rides on 'em.
  • The rear hub has the aluminum drive shell. As such, it has some burrs on it that keep a cassette from coming off and going on *real* easy. Nothing terrible...'just telling ya'.
  • New this would be an $800+ wheel set.
2008 Rock Shox 426 Revelation Air U-turn w/Pushloc, $325

• Bought earlier this year.
  • 220mm steerer tube
  • 100 to 130 mm of travel
  • $625 new
  • There is a scratch in one of the stanchion tubes (see pic). It has been smoothed out and nail polished. It has not affected the functionality of the fork in any way...'just not as pretty as it used to be.
When together these parts made for a great bike...I was assimilated by the 29er/SS Borg, and well, here we are.

Feel free to ask me any questions. I'm in town this week and out of town next week. After that, they go to fleabay.

Tim

Attachments

• bikestuff 008.jpg
    bikestuff 008.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 97
  • bikestuff 007.jpg
    bikestuff 007.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 127
  • bikestuff 005.jpg
    bikestuff 005.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 97
  • bikestuff 003.jpg
    bikestuff 003.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 102
  • bikestuff 001.jpg
    bikestuff 001.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:

ArmyOfNone

I dont believe my eyes. If i was around I wouldnt be so damn ignorant and have to ask whats next for you?

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
I dont believe my eyes. If i was around I wouldnt be so damn ignorant and have to ask whats next for you?

I think the SIR9 will be the only bike I ride off road...I just don't need a FS. If I was younger and doing drops or epics or any "all mountain" stuff, I'd keep the 5-spot...but nope...

And I have a set of C29SSMax's at Halters waiting and a 2009 Reba Team w/TA on the way (??)...so it really doesn't makes sense to keep this stuff collecting dust in the basement with my "disease"...

walter

Fourth Party
Tim, TA is travel adjust? if so, is it the wind down or do you have to add the spacers??

Please, someone give this beautiful bike a home!!!!

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Tim, TA is travel adjust? if so, is it the wind down or do you have to add the spacers??

Please, someone give this beautiful bike a home!!!!

TA=Thru Axle....20mm...

Ya' gotta' do the spacers...but you can adjust the reba 80/100/120...

My revelation you can crank up and down to change the travel, but alas, my new fork won't do that :(

ArmyOfNone

TA=Thru Axle....20mm...

Ya' gotta' do the spacers...but you can adjust the reba 80/100/120...

My revelation you can crank up and down to change the travel, but alas, my new fork won't do that :(

80 is more than enuf on the 29er my friend.

pinkshirtphotos

how long is the headtube on the revelation? i dont ride my 26inch anymore but i have been considering this fork for the bike since i started upgrading it.

ArmyOfNone

I will have to do that soon! I am tied up the next couple of weeks, but after that. Hopefully something will happen

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Wheels are sold!

'Still have the 5-spot and fork...'still haven't gotten off my butt to put on fleabay yet...so ya' still have a chance!

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Okay, I'm too lazy, apparently, to get this stuff put on fleabay.

So here is a package deal; the turner and the fork for $950...and I ain't shipping it :)

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Okay, boyz and girls...so I've been ignoring the 5-spot and Revelation sitting in the basement...gotta' move 'em.

$800 for the frame and fork to a mtbNJ'er...you come and get 'em.

That is almost 1/4 of the price of a brand new 5-spot frame and Revelation.

If you want a top-of-the-line 26" trail bike and a 19" is your size, this is the deal for you!

Top Bottom