Tuesday's "Chimney Rock Death Match"

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Hey all. Instead of posting this up every week with a date, I'll just bump this one so any interested parties will know the ride is a go. Most of us probably know how this ride goes by now, but just in case...

Where: Chimney Rock Park in the Newman's Lane Lot
When: Tuesday's between 5:30-5:45pm
What: Carnage, Mayhem, and Mass Hysteria, in addition to 2-3 hours of Pain, Torture, and Blood. As a bonus it may also feature broken bikes, shredded sidewalls, huge gaping holes in kneecaps, and tons of sweat. We will hit every trail in the park in both directions at least once, sometimes twice. The pace is on the quicker side, there have been occasions when we've actually hit "plaid". The second lap features a to the death cage match-up between all remaining members of the ride, some may vomit, others will implode. There will be minor re-grouping. It is almost guaranteed I will crash just in front of you causing a massive pile-up, more-than-likely on a climb.
Single-speeders legs will fall off. We do a warm-up loop across from Newman's Lane and come back to the lot. If the pace is too much, you may bail out gracefully...

See you out on the trails!!

-Jim.

PS-Blowup dolls welcome, those who oppose are not...

Last edited:

dhsean

Bleeding from the start!

I'll be there pre-shredded and bleeding from Saturday's ride. Chad was chasing and I laid down the big ring hammer uphill and slid around the corner. Fun ride - I'm ready for more. I lubed my chain today so I should be .025 percent faster.

THATmanMANNY

If you said that we just ride hard without the painful details it might better mentally for me. Well maybe???

But I'll be there nonetheless, hoping to get better at technical riding and knowing the route you take so hoping to not get lost this time.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
spaceballs_1.jpg

wish i was fast/good enough to join yous...i like this place a lot but i ride it at about5mph

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm thinking after that little bit of rain this morning the conditions may be awesome. It was very dusty and gritty on sunday.
The green stuff on the rocks may be pretty slick though.

Steve Vai

Good ride!!

Great turnout yesterday considering how dang hard it was raining when I got there:D It ended up being, myself, Chris DeNoma, Julien, Sean, Manny, and Kirt towards the end. I ended up on the ground more times than not trying to keep up with Chris (I think he's actually faster in the rain), and then Sean was throwing a beatdown on me as well (again rain). I fell off one of the bridges and just happened to save myself somehow, but not too long after I burped my tire coming unclipped while "hot doggin'". Much fun was had by all, or at least most...

-Jim.

warcricket

Like a Jerk
sounds like you guys had fun, pissed i couldn't make it cause i had to go to da airport :(

next time i can make it will be three weeks from now. double :(

THATmanMANNY

It wasn't fun on one of the ridgelines when a wet rut came out and snatched my bike from under me then I knocked my knee on some rocks and happened to save myself from rolling down the hill by grabbing on a tree trunk with my pinky finger (okay fine more like my hands).

Note to self: Stop going with my instincts about which turn these guys make cause I never end up choosing the right trail and get lost yet again.

Steve Vai

7/29/08...

The rock should be interesting after the weekend rain, but the ride is on and we'll see how it goes:D See everyone there!!

-Jim.

J-Dro

The rock should be interesting after the weekend rain, but the ride is on and we'll see how it goes:D See everyone there!!

-Jim.

The rain amounts this weekend varied quite a bit depending where you are. I don't think CR got hit particularly bad. I should be there once again breaking the space/time continuum.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was out there today and aside from a tree that fell on the white trail, its not bad at all. I would have tried to clear it but its a job for several people... maybe even a saw.

As for the trails they are a little slick on the rocks and a there are a few puddles that arent normally there... but its not bad.
Plan on cleaning your bike afterwards...

ArmyOfNone

I should be there next week. Today I was outta work late and wanted to hook up with my freewheeler homies.

Steve Vai

You guys missed all the "fun"

Small group this week, as per tradition, someone needs to get taken out. This week it was me. I crashed really hard during the "warm-up" loop. After the powerline climb I fell backwards onto a pointy stump and impaled myself. Chris and I walked out of the woods, which took forever because I was in the hurt. Spent some time in the hospital. Turns out I just damaged all kinds of ligaments, tore some stuff, and bruised my ribcage and pelvis. I'm out of work for a few days and off the bike for? C-Rock bitches:D

-Jim.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Heal as fast as you ride.

Powerline climb?

Top Bottom