jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Super last minute posting:

7:30 PM

6 mile run. rte 27 lot

Many idiots on bikes..

Bring bright light and Warm gear.

Could (will) be muddy. Bring rear fender if you got it.

Pretty quick pace but more about fun than pain.

Promise you will laugh more than once.

Happy Turkey Day.

J_

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
Our group had a great night ride last night up north here -- won't mention the park. It was a chilly start, but we were plenty warm during the ride. Something about being in the woods at night that is just awesome.

Have a great ride!

AJ

J

jimg

night ride

JDOG and co,
Thanks for the tour of 6mile. Great twisty single track through the trees.
Nice flow and good pace with very little stoppage time for a 14-15 mile ride. Some nice logs and tech sections thrown in too. Was very surprised to see all the new stuff (rode there about 1 1/2 years ago). Must have put in alot of hrs to create these trails. Great job. Worth coming down for the ride.Good company
Take Care,JimG

jdog

Shop Keep
Thanks for coming along..

jimg said:
JDOG and co,
Thanks for the tour of 6mile. Great twisty single track through the trees.
Nice flow and good pace with very little stoppage time for a 14-15 mile ride. Some nice logs and tech sections thrown in too. Was very surprised to see all the new stuff (rode there about 1 1/2 years ago). Must have put in alot of hrs to create these trails. Great job. Worth coming down for the ride.Good company
Take Care,JimG

You rode like a champ.. it isn't that easy to ride the pace that we did last night on your first time out. I just looked back and saw your light so I kept going..

I am not trying to say that it is super tough but you can easily crash into one of the 100's of tress that are just a little too close in the turns.

Hope we can convince some others to come out for a spin.

Ride Safe,

J-

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Don't let him fool ya - Jimg is one of those studs who rides Wilderness 101 and Leadville in the same year.

jdog

Shop Keep
Yep!

normZurawski said:
Don't let him fool ya - Jimg is one of those studs who rides Wilderness 101 and Leadville in the same year.

yeah.. He told me.

Solid rider for sure. I never met the guy before and that was why it was so cool to have him along.

I always meet really cool people on bikes.

It never gets old.

Hopefully a few more folks will come along now that Jim came and loved the place. Also the Vid clip that is posted here shows more than can be written about it.

J_

Last edited:

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i saw that video and man, does that place look like fun. well, not the falling into the stream in november part, but the rest does. it looks like you can FLY around there! one of these days i'll get down there..

jdog

Shop Keep
um.. yeah but

normZurawski said:
You ever do weekend rides during daylight hours down there?

Looks like good surfing this weekend so I will be in the water.

Yep. Winter surfing is where it is at in NJ.

J

jdog

Shop Keep
We will be doing another 6 mile ride this Tuesday pm at 7:30. Meet at the lot on rt 27.

PM me if you need more info. Maybe we can see some more new faces this week.

J_

jdog

Shop Keep
Lights..

In our shop we are switching over to Light n' Motion form Niterider.

I am willing to go pretty darm low on what units we have left.

Firestorms, Trail Rat 2.0's and Evolution smarts..

Let me know if you want one. Look for the best price you can find on the web and i will beat it. NOT including E-bay.

J

jdog

Shop Keep
Good..

ArmyOfNone said:

We should have a pretty solid turnout.

Maybe more than 10.

This warm November has been great for the after dark riding.

Not really even cold yet..

j

NJ Jess

Welding class

Yup, another night with the MIG gun in the city. Hope to catch up with you guys once the class is over. I thought 6 mile was awesome. Just watch out for those tight trees!

jdog

Shop Keep
I used my bars as a guide when I cut the trail.

Bars + 2" = Perfect

j

ArmyOfNone

tight and windy singletrack @ night is where its at! Lookin forward to a good turn out tonite.

grab a light and enjoy the night

Top Bottom