TUES Night Ride @ 6 mile..

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Fun Fun...

Good to see some more new faces.

A little muddy in spots (ok... a lot muddy) but overall the trails are in good shape. The leaves are worn off the trails and the soil is just dry enough for consistant traction.

Maybe we will see even more new faces next week?

j

marzz

I can deal with mud on a great night like we had last night, its all good. Too bad my bike can't, total drivetrain disaster. Great ride nevertheless, but singlespeed is the way to go in dem woods. Just want to thank you guys for a great ride and waiting for me while I was trying to salvage my drivetrain.
I'll definitely be back for more.

jdog

Shop Keep
Hey Martin,

It was cool to have another new face along. It is funny how most everyone who comes out on the night rides has never been there during the day.

Now that your bike is broken into pieces you should come and grab that Haro Mary Demo. You can try riding a singlespeed that isn't made from a broken geared bike.

I think that you will dig the big wheels too.

I just ordered the C-dale F-29er for myself.

I am going to ditch the stock setup and convert it into a singlespeed.. Should be fun.

Hope to see you next Tues.

peas

j

jdog

Shop Keep
Yep

Shaggz said:
you guys had great riding weather last night.

It was actually hot..

Weird weather for sure.

There might be something to this global warming thing after all..

or maybe not.

Look here:

http://www.mtbaker.us/gallery/main.php

These guys just broke their all time record for the most snow in one storm.

12 FEET! wowzer

Check the gallery.. Very cool.

ArmyOfNone

Shaggz said:
you guys had great riding weather last night.

Lets say to much about the weather. As quiclky as we sing its praises it may just leave. So if we act like its supposed to be here, may be it wont go away! But good god almighty its been beautiful! Nuttin like 60 plus days in december!

ArmyOfNone

jdog said:
Hey Martin,

It was cool to have another new face along. It is funny how most everyone who comes out on the night rides has never been there during the day.

Now that your bike is broken into pieces you should come and grab that Haro Mary Demo. You can try riding a singlespeed that isn't made from a broken geared bike.

I think that you will dig the big wheels too.

I just ordered the C-dale F-29er for myself.

I am going to ditch the stock setup and convert it into a singlespeed.. Should be fun.

Hope to see you next Tues.

peas

j

I guess i have not been riding long enough to have experienced the tragedy that happened to martin's bike. I would not have taken my bike breaking so well.

Martin...you deff should take out that mary 29er. I rode it for about a week and loved it. It was also the first SS I had ridden. 29 inch wheels were super smooth. I cant imagine what the cannondale 29er will b like.

Fred (I was riding the yellow cannondale SS)

jdog

Shop Keep
Dude.. How are you riding in December already? Have you been using that time machine bike again?

j

clutch

I had great time riding last tuesday. Funny, I didn't have any trouble with it being my first night ride, just had trouble keeping up. I'm also dreading taking my bike out of the car today and cleaning it.

-paul

jdog

Shop Keep
Yo Paul,

Great to have you along.

If we get done a little earlier next Tues we can go for Mexican..

Let me know if you want a bike rack. I would go with a factory rack mounted sidearm.

It will work for both your bikes.

btw you kept up fine. We ride that place alll the time. I just got back now from trail working..

Anyway it was you first night ride EVER..

Great job.

j

jdog

Shop Keep
Jersey Knights Lot.

7:30 ride away time (never happens)

Usually we ride until about 9:30ish.. Later if someone breaks a der hanger, a der, and a chainring.

Luckily all you have to do it walk to a road an someone from the group will come get you..

Hopefully we will get a few more guys from up north to drive down and come play.

We did some nice trailwork tonight (some in the dark).

j

Last edited:

jdog

Shop Keep
Don't know..

anrothar said:
how wide are your bars?

I have some Easton Monkey Lites in the stock width. 26"? 27"?

I just ordered a set of Seven Cycles Ti bars in a 11 degree bend for my new ss 29er.

I told them to to make them super wide and I would cut them down as I go.

j

anrothar

entirely thrilled
nono, i'm wondering how wide the bars you used to guage the tree spacing at 6-mile are? i like my torsion bars and really don't see how i could possibly destroy them:D

edit: duh, i get your post now.

jdog

Shop Keep
turny

anrothar said:
nono, i'm wondering how wide the bars you used to guage the tree spacing at 6-mile are? i like my torsion bars and really don't see how i could possibly destroy them:D

edit: duh, i get your post now.

When you finally get out there to ride you will see what people are talking about.

It is mega twisty. This is the best way to make a flat spot more challenging.

If I could add hills I would but I haven't figured that one out yet.

j

jdog

Shop Keep
Got it..

normZurawski said:

We have the mid quota filled.

BTW.. A main Bridge at six mile is on it's last legs.

I am collecting wood for a rebuild.

2x6 and 2x8 pices of pretty much any length will do.

Pressure treated is welcome but not necccesary.

I

j

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Jdog,

You guys riding this tues night? It's going to be a bit chilly.

Kirt

Top Bottom