Tubeless Rims with holes and fabric rim strips

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
What wheels are you running? What do you recommend?

I'm running HEDs with I9 Hydras. I wouldn't reccomend them unless you only ride in snow or sand or train tracks or road or gravel and not in single track. Unless the single track is covered in snow. Or sand. And there are no rocks.

serviceguy

I'm running HEDs with I9 Hydras. I wouldn't reccomend them unless you only ride in snow or sand or train tracks or road or gravel and not in single track. Unless the single track is covered in snow. Or sand. And there are no rocks.
I believe you left out the strict limitations in terms of temperature, you know, because carbon…

• Sad
Reactions: Ejd

serviceguy

Watch out KOMs! Wow, they are significantly lighter than rubbers
View attachment 201094View attachment 201095
Those tubes look interesting to carry along in case of a flat. Where did you get them? They seem hard to come by. I did purchase a fat inner tube once but it weights as much as the bike…never carried with me, so far so good by I feel like I’m on borrowed time so those inner tubes seem to fit the bill…

THATmanMANNY

Those tubes look interesting to carry along in case of a flat. Where did you get them? They seem hard to come by. I did purchase a fat inner tube once but it weights as much as the bike…never carried with me, so far so good by I feel like I’m on borrowed time so those inner tubes seem to fit the bill…
I had a tricky time finding them. Checked eBay. Dudeman is selling sets of 5... It made sense for me to do that because he sent me a 20% off after a few days of watching and like you said I am also on borrowed time and need to carry one in my bag plus change these two tubes out. Not cheap but initial impression is well, impressive

serviceguy

I had a tricky time finding them. Checked eBay. Dudeman is selling sets of 5... It made sense for me to do that because he sent me a 20% off after a few days of watching and like you said I am also on borrowed time and need to carry one in my bag plus change these two tubes out. Not cheap but initial impression is well, impressive
So you have 5 tubes and look to recover some expenses selling 2 of them? Was it the only set available? Do you have a link? So many questions…

THATmanMANNY

Night and day with the Revoloop tubes
A8646474-C015-4978-927B-5A9B344C0B31.jpeg

serviceguy

Revoloop weigh 159g (5.05oz.). I put 5oz sealant in my 5-inch tires, but then I don't have to deal with flats...
I purchased revoloop to carry in case of emergency, same as I carry tubolito for my other bikes, as the rubber inner tube for my 4.8 HuDu is an absolute monster! honestly I wouldn’t use it in place of a proper tube or a tubeless setup. What I don’t like is the plastic valve is not threaded. That said I now have 5 and I only need maybe 2…

one piece crank

Are those 85mm or 100mm wide?

Last edited:
Top Bottom