tubeless pro/con

cem

i have three sidewall cuts in my ignitor rear tire that i'm pretty sure would not be sealable by the goop. all are from mahlon/ringwood rocks.

The flat i had was a side wall gasher 1/2" to 1" long all the goop in the world wouldn't of helped. I think Stans claims it can seal holes up to 1/4". Hoping i won't need to find out

Yea, Ringwood just eats tires, especially side walls

Frank

Sasquatch
i wonder if sidewall cuts would seal up with stans or similar if sewn first. :hmmm:

I don't know if I would trust that kind of repair :hmmm: mine was at the bead about .5 inches long. So it was merely a coincidence that my first tubless ride ended badly.:mad:

anrothar

entirely thrilled
pixie, we're talking long, slash type cuts, not holes. do they make a plug to fix that type?

frank, was the rip at the bead caused by anything in particular? like a brake pad? because otherwise that might be a defective tire.

Frank

Sasquatch
frank, was the rip at the bead caused by anything in particular? like a brake pad? because otherwise that might be a defective tire.

God I hope it wasn't a brake pad.....I run disc's...sorry. Actually I think "I was just riding along" deals. At first I thought Stan had let me down, but after closer inspection it looked like I pinched a rock or stick in there. Totally random crap, no fault of anyones.....Still gonna use the Rampages.

Frank

Sasquatch
update

ride 2 tubless...with Rampages this time. They were much better. They aired up easily (with a compressor), and sealed a lot faster than my Nevagals. Some slippage on the wet roots but not bad. I like it. Wheels are, and feel, lighter.:)

Last edited:

anrothar

entirely thrilled
ride 2 tubless...with Rampages this time. They were much better. They aired up easily (with a compressor), and sealed a lot faster than my Nevagals. Some slippage on the wet roots but not bad. I like it. Wheels are, and feel lighter.:)

wheels are comma? i don't get it.... :hmmm: ;)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wheels are lighter, and feel lighter. He may have missed a comma.

My wheels are, and feel, lighter.

One of our pedantic English teachers are invited to step in here... :D

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I am sure that NJ has a "Nanny Law" in the works that will shortly outlaw drunk typing.

Remember.. Drinking and typing don't mix!

Top Bottom