Trexlertown Spring Swap Meet (5/3/08)

P

pdm362

Hello all,
Anyone go to the Trexlertown Swap meet in the spring? I went for the first time this past winter and did not bring enough money because I did not know what to expect (the deals are ridiculous). This time I want to be a little more prepared so I can make a list and be more prepared. Thanks for the info.

Paul

mwlikesbikes

It's a pretty good event. It basically just like the raceway park swap meet except for bike stuff instead of car stuff. I would go but i've got a communion to go to. There's always lots of deals to be had. They have the vendors set up in and around the velodrome.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
It's a pretty good event. It basically just like the raceway park swap meet except for bike stuff instead of car stuff. I would go but i've got a communion to go to. There's always lots of deals to be had. They have the vendors set up in and around the velodrome.

In this day of high gas prices, I have to say beware -- if there is any rain or even drizzle, vendors have been known not to show up. That happened to me about 2 years ago at the spring meet -- they packed all the vendors right by the entrance so it looked like it was full, but once you got inside it was quite disappointing to see that there were only a few vendors. Of course, you got charged full price to get in and there are no refunds.

P

pdm362

In this day of high gas prices, I have to say beware -- if there is any rain or even drizzle, vendors have been known not to show up. That happened to me about 2 years ago at the spring meet -- they packed all the vendors right by the entrance so it looked like it was full, but once you got inside it was quite disappointing to see that there were only a few vendors. Of course, you got charged full price to get in and there are no refunds.

thanks for this info REALLY helpful because I don't want to make the long trip for no reason.

Paul

mwlikesbikes

I was at that rainy one 2 years ago myself. I think the only deal i scored was the cateye cordless i have on my road bike now.
As far as full price, it was only 5 bucks to get in last year i belive.
I agree that with the gas prices now i'm not sure the almost 2 hour drive is worth it if it's raining.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
anyone going they are pullin back on the rain forecast this weekend.?. and is it really worth it...im looking for a few things that are kinda expensive other wise... im looking at a 1.28min drive thats at 65mph...so bout an hour i guess...

NJ Jess

hummm

I have found that the best swap meet was alway the one in the Fall. A lot more shops selling their demos and everyone else selling to upgrade for next year.

Hummm, when is New Jersey going to have their own bike swap?

P

pdm362

I ended up not going because a friend of mine at Drexel told me that it was going to rain. Based on someone saying vendors not showing up due to rain made me cancel the trip and concentrate on the race this past Sunday. I am going to go to the one in the fall because you can't beat the deals at this place.

Paul

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
I ended up not going because a friend of mine at Drexel told me that it was going to rain. Based on someone saying vendors not showing up due to rain made me cancel the trip and concentrate on the race this past Sunday. I am going to go to the one in the fall because you can't beat the deals at this place.

Paul

did the same shit...plus had a bit of a cold from sleeping with the window open

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I went this weekend and was not too impressed with the bike selection. I hear the fall event has a lot more. The velodrome was under construction so that may have made an impact on the number of vendors? I'm in the market for both a hardtail and a road bike and there were very few of both. One hardtail worth test riding and no road bikes.
There were awesome deals on clothing though. Most clothes were at least 50% off. Picked up a $170 jacket than I've been eyeing up all winter for $70.

P

pdm362

I went this weekend and was not too impressed with the bike selection. I hear the fall event has a lot more. The velodrome was under construction so that may have made an impact on the number of vendors? I'm in the market for both a hardtail and a road bike and there were very few of both. One hardtail worth test riding and no road bikes.
There were awesome deals on clothing though. Most clothes were at least 50% off. Picked up a $170 jacket than I've been eyeing up all winter for $70.

My first swap meet was the one in the fall last year and believe me when I say that there is a HUGE selection of road bikes. I saw a couple of mountain bikes but not so "IN YOUR FACE" as the road bike selection.

Top Bottom