TrekWomen bike demo and clinic

NJ Jess

A special event just for Women!

Join us for a day of mountain and road cycling in a fun and non-competitive atmosphere at the Tourne Park in Boonton. The event, sponsored by Trek Bicycle, and presented by the women of Team Bulldog/Cycle Craft, will include riding skills clinics for both mountain and road cyclists. Plus, Trek will have their "TrekWomen" bicycle demo truck on hand for you to sample some of the best bikes in the industry out on the trails and roads. This event is open to women of all ability levels from beginner to expert. Come enjoy the park, have fun, and meet new people.

Sunday May 16th, 10:00AM-4:00PM

Tourne Park-Meet on the Denville side accessed from Old Boonton Rd

Registration is Free!

please go to www.cyclecraft.com to register. See ya there!

syncroscat

I'm interested in attending this event. Is it an all day thing where you arrive at 10 and go to 4? I didn't see any schedule for the day indicating what time specific clinics etc. were happening. Thanks.

NJ Jess

10-4

We do a meet and greet for a bit,..then get into basic skills,...techniques,..etc. It's mostly on the field and then followed by a trial ride. We usually wrap up around 3ish for burgers by Brendian!

skyrokz

if i put on some lipstick and shave can i show up? i love trek, and could probably use some of those clinics, check out my post in general bike talk, picture will confirm.

JR Zano

EX 5 WSD or the EX 8 WSD

I want to bring my wife so she can try out the ex5 wsd or the ex8 wsd. She is as new as it gets to mountain biking. I wanted to know if it was ok that I came down and went out with her so she can demo the bike. The only time she has ridden was at the Jamis demo in Ringwood a few weeks ago.

skyrokz

I want to bring my wife so she can try out the ex5 wsd or the ex8 wsd. She is as new as it gets to mountain biking. I wanted to know if it was ok that I came down and went out with her so she can demo the bike. The only time she has ridden was at the Jamis demo in Ringwood a few weeks ago.

i say go for it, as long as your not trying to pick up any of the attending ladies you should be in the clear.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Thanks, Cyclecraft! This sounds like a great opportunity for women to try bikes and learn some skills. Great idea for guys to bring out the ladies. :) It's all fun!

syncroscat

Unfortunately, I can't make it to this event due to a prior commitment. :(

Jess - please keep posting these clinics. I really need to go to one. I'm getting tired of hike-a-biking and am told that proper technique would help with the climbing.

Thanks.

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
I might be there with ya Jess, I was going to ride Tymor Saturday and do a epic road ride Sunday. I could flop, scratch the road and see ya on Sunday!
Even a bad plan is better than no plan at all!

RC ... :eek:

Wish I had seen this thread earlier. The WSD Demo truck was at my shop today which could have been convenient for those in the Trenton/Mercer area.

NJ Jess

see ya there

Well, tomorrows the day to try some Trek bikes and ride a pretty cool park. We will be doing the clinic in the field and for those of you who would like to do some trail skills,...we will do a few short loops.

Robin

thanks!

thanks Jess and all the ladies who made this possible...great day with everyone! :D

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks to everyone who helped out...my girlfriend had a blast trying out a Madone. It was well-run and everyone was very helpful and friendly.

NJ Jess

Your Welcome

A lot of new faces out there! Great to get together and try new bikes and new skills. Keep practicing the basics and by summers end you'll be flying! As we discussed, lots of group rides can be found here on Mtbnj.com,...see you on the trails!

ptgirl

Thanks to Jess and the Cycle Craft folks for putting on a great event and to Trek, I might be convinced to buy a sweet FS in the future!

Top Bottom