Trek Fuel EX 9 29er

Biker Dude

I'm not reviewing but hoping someone who may have previously owned or currently owns one of these can give some thoughts on their experience with the bike.

I'm considering this or a Scott Spark 740.

Thanks in advance.

Beachbike

I'm about 6 months into owning/riding a 9.8. The 9, treks top tier alloy model is a great bike. If you're thinking 2015 it's set up as a 1x11. The drcv rear shock is the real deal. Great on the stutters, opens up seamlessly on the bigger hits, set up properly, climbs very well. All in all, a true trail bike from Allaire, Hartshorne, North Jersey, and New
England.
Hope this helps.

mntal

I have had 2 EXs, an 8 and now have a 9, both 26s. Both have taken a serious beating (due to a general lack of skill and a limited fear response) and other than the normal things that break, both bikes have served me well. They inspire enough confidence to send me to the hospital.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I have had 2 EXs, an 8 and now have a 9, both 26s. Both have taken a serious beating (due to a general lack of skill and a limited fear response) and other than the normal things that break, both bikes have served me well. They inspire enough confidence to send me to the hospital.

you should post more, cause that was gold!

Last edited:

RobW

I'm not reviewing but hoping someone who may have previously owned or currently owns one of these can give some thoughts on their experience with the bike.

I'm considering this or a Scott Spark 740.

Thanks in advance.

I see you haven't purchased yet, we spoke at the red bicycle. You should definitely wait for Jonathan to get back from vacation. I am almost positive that he will let you take it out and beat the piss out of it.

Last edited:

Mildly Wild

Bought the new EX 9.7 June of this year. Very happy with it. Coming off a 2009 GF Hi Fi 26er, I was concerned that the 29er would not handle tight stuff as well. Fears were totally unfounded as it performs very well in tight quarters. Really surprised me.

My only lament is that although the 9.7 has a carbon front triangle, the bike is heavier than I would prefer (about 29.5 lbs tubeless with Arch rims)

Top Bottom