2685964616_f2c2b80f8b.jpg

2685965286_f490503241.jpg

2685967256_c036337270.jpg

2685154005_952fddd72e.jpg

2685971652_4c665554a8.jpg

2685969934_a72a0d1261.jpg

2685151177_28cd22b985.jpg

Stocky

Could you guys give me an idea as to where Stone Gate is located as well as that tree in the second pix.
We have not made our way to these sections during our regular Sunday ride.

Are they near the Snow Bowl ?

Shaggz

A strong 7
Stone Gate: Down the wall, follow Yellow trail. Near the top of the Devil's Satircase, you will see a trail that goes to the left with 3 blazes, Yellow with Black square. It is a fairly obvious intersection.

Last edited:

SpartaBard

Stone gate is on the trail called Stone Gate. South side of the park off of the yellow trail. The Stone Gate Trail has yellow with black dot trail marking.

The tree in the second pic is on Cascade. That is the trail that overlooks Jefferson HS on the other side of Weldon Road from Snow Bowl.

Molasses

You were moving so fast the image was blurry...

Although the ride over the log is one of my favs from the ride- that and MetalDork riding down that big @$$ rock (is that the turtle?)

I was hoping to post more of myself (silly self promotion) but it seems like you had the uncanny ability of only snapping photos of me dabbing... :hmmm: 'ppreciate that...

xc62701

It's not picture and I forget where it is as Sean lead me to it and I don't know the park very well but it's a small rock(shell of the turtle) that you need to get up on and then ride down the exit over the head of the turtle. Some of the regulars know what I'm talking about.

secondspeed02

"Stone gate" was awesome

Oh yea I was late but I got to do "stone gate" w/ my make- shift S.S. 1994 cannondale f400.. Now I saws Paul's other mt bike n' pic -- nice ride bro-- ..

Good job to all whom have done trail work n' past, present , future

It was like a dream riding that trail, and never thought MD would have a part north-shore theme .. side note: just that side of the park was old race course back in 1984'' Marty's

August 3rd 2008 @ SOUTH.mountain. R >>> www.jorba.org more info... ask for DON P.S. I'll be attending

Last edited:

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Those are gorgeous pix, guys...anyone open to help me lead a ride there some weekend AM in September, a little later, around 9-9:30?

I haven't been to MD in about two years I had no idea there was so much good stuff...

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
It's not picture and I forget where it is as Sean lead me to it and I don't know the park very well but it's a small rock(shell of the turtle) that you need to get up on and then ride down the exit over the head of the turtle. Some of the regulars know what I'm talking about.

The turtle is on the white trail (I think), heading north from the picnic area. Next time I ride by it I'll mark it on my GPS and post if you're interested.

Here is the infamous Anrothar (Sean) riding the Turtle...

Edit: it is a 'tad more intimidating in person than in this pic, btw... :)

2573365878_02b1d8041f_b.jpg

Last edited:

xc62701

The turtle is on the white trail (I think), heading north from the picnic area. Next time I ride by it I'll mark it on my GPS and post if you're interested.

Here is the infamous Anrothar (Sean) riding the Turtle...

Edit: it is a 'tad more intimidating in person than in this pic, btw... :)

2573365878_02b1d8041f_b.jpg

Yup that's it. It's pretty tight once you get on it and the exit isn't as smooth as you'd like it to be.

Top Bottom