Traveling Hooligan Series - Six Mile Run - Saturday Aug. 30, 8am

Wobbegong

Its time for the Traveling Hooligan Ride Series to come to Six Mile Run! :getsome:

Meet at the Rt. 27 parking lot on Saturday, Aug. 30th for a wheels down ride at 8am. Please try to arrive and be ready to ride at 8am.

As Shaggz said "The purpose of these rides will be to have fun and get us back home at a reasonable time that does not interfere with family activities." Considering this, please understand that this will not be a beginner level ride, nor a hammerfest. Expect an intermediate paced, non-hammerfest ride with little stopping, except to regroup. Pace pushers, regardless of wheel size and color of bike, will be dropped off the front. :)

This ride will cover just about all of the trails legal to biking in Six Mile Run. Expect to ride around 13 miles of twisty goodness at around an 8 or so mph avg. speed.

I hope to see some people who haven't been to Six Mile Run come for this ride, we love our trails and like to show new people around.

Bring your happy face and a good joke and all will be fine in the land of twisty singletrack!!!

I hope to see you this Saturday!

Jason P.

sixseven

I am in. If I get dropped its totally fine, I have never done a group ride so I am not sure if I am a hare or a turtle. Looking forward to it either way.

antgold

good chance I will join.
BTW - all trail review I've seen worn not to go there if there is rain :hmmm:...for now it looks pretty promising of dry trail but how knows ....

Ron

Last edited:

warcricket

Like a Jerk
good chance I will join.
BTW - all trail review I've seen worn not to go there if there is rain :hmmm:...for now it looks pretty promising of dry trail but how knows ....

Ron

in the summer, rain is a good thing at 6m.
on the other hand, winter is soup

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Work, the nemesis of the Sat. ride.

I would jump at this in a NY minute, but I have bikes to support. Maybe next time?

Ian F

Damn... wish I could make this... but I'm pretty sure I'l be elbow-deep in laundry at 8am this Sat... :(

vlkslvr

Pretty sure I'm going to be there with my brother. We rode today with Manny and he mentioned this. Should be a lot of fun.

MTB Aussie

GPS address

Does anyone have a good GPS address for the Rt 27 parking lot? The store across the street or close by would be good. Looking for street addy, not Lat Long coordinates.

Cheers!

Mare

Wobbegong - Sorry! I said I wanted to make this, but it's a crazy weekend I am not sure I can. I will do my best, but it's not looking good.

Regardless, have a great time!!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Does anyone have a good GPS address for the Rt 27 parking lot? The store across the street or close by would be good. Looking for street addy, not Lat Long coordinates.

Cheers!

This place is close: House of Torture or Something I'm not Spanish.

If you're coming from the NB side, go to the Tortilla place and then just keep going and the soccer field will be on the right in like...a half mile or so? The Knights Soccer field or something.

If you're coming from the Princeton side, which I'm pretty sure you won't if you start in Metuchen, go to the Taco Joint and turn around if you miss it.

Wobbegong

Cheers!

If Using Mapquest or any other GPS Program use the following address:
2186 Route 27, North Brunswick, NJ 08902 (this is a medical Building across the street from the fields)

vlkslvr

Cheers!

Coming from the North there is also a WaWa on your left about 1/4-1/2 mile before the soccer field. Fields are on your right and the there is a small driveway at the end of them.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
Dang. I want to join you guys but 8:00 AM is too early for me. The !@#$ Cablevision/Optimum Online service tech is suppose to come over between 8:00 and 11:00 AM to get me back online. If they had showed up last night when they were supposed to I would be able to make it. Damn Cablevision. Can't wait for Fios to come my way so I can be done with Cablevision. Sorry for the rant. It's just that we have a VOIP phone at home so no internet, no phone. We have to rely on our cell phones for over a week now. Anyway, have a great ride everyone.

MTB Aussie

If Using Mapquest or any other GPS Program use the following address:
2186 Route 27, North Brunswick, NJ 08902 (this is a medical Building across the street from the fields)
Thanks. I've been there before but can never remember when to cut from Rt 1 over to 27. I'll be there early and hoping for a prompt start (8am is kinda late for my morning rides ;) )

Top Bottom