Traveling Hooligan Series: 7/27, Allamuchy

Shaggz

A strong 7
We just received confirmation on the 3rd installment of the Traveling Hooligans Series. Nelson, aka "Phat" will be leading a ride through Allamuchy, this coming Sunday. Same THS rules apply, but Nelson asked me to make everyone aware of this:

"The idea is to meet at the waterloo rd lot at the sussex trail. It should be noted that even though this is an intermediate ride Allamuchy requires a certain level of base fitness. Riders should bring a spare tube, pump, der-hanger, water and something to eat."

I am awaiting confirmation on start time, but plan on 8:00. This thread will be updated once that is confirmed. Please RSVP here.

Last edited:

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Could you guys have picked a worse guide? ;)

I'm a maybe for this.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
I have not ridden mooch all year, Sooo, I would like to come, but with trail maint at Ringwood both days :mad2: , I am 50% that I can brake away. I will let you know Sat night if I can. Thanks for leading Phat! If you have any excuse ideas, send them my way.

monteverest

i'm tentatively in. will have to be a last minute decision depending on how things go today. not sure i have a spare der-hanger but food, water, - i have in abundance. looking forward to finally hooking up with the series.

Mike679

I think I'm in as long as I don't contract the vile pestilence that is currently making it's way through my household.

Mike

Mike679

Not sure where you're coming from, but the safest bet would be to turn on to Waterloo Road from 206. You'll be turning left if you're going north on 206, or right if going south towards 80. Go about a mile and the lot will be on your right. It will be directly across from an intersecting road on the left. If you see the boy scout camp, you went too far.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Shaggz

A strong 7
Lessons learned today:

1: Allamuchy makes you earn EVERY mile
2: Bob, Karen & the Chain Gang are building and maintaining an awesome network of trails. Even after all of last night's rain, there was little to no standing water on the trails we rode.
3: Nelson is a class act and a great ride leader.
4: When Nelson says bring a spare rear der hanger, bring a spare rear der hanger
5: When you ask Bob W for directions in Allamuchy, trust him.

Today's group consisted of Nelson, Kirt, Bob W, Dr. Jim, Paul, Mike, Sean and me. These guys can ride. No injuries to speak of, a reality check for me and broken hanger for Mike. Thanks for a great ride.

pinkshirtphotos

what a great ride today, i suck with names so yeah thanks for the tour. my arms are killing me, allamuchy is not a place to ride rigid for long distances. does anyone know how many miles we rode? Everyone but mike and i seemed to have a derailor hanger and he was the only one who needed it. Hope to see everyone on the trails soon.

Bob W

JORBA: Allamuchy
JORBA.ORG
Fun ride

Fun riding with everyone today, good to put some names to faces!

Did not have comp today, it was a short one so we likley did around 12 miles.

See ya,

Bob

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Fun ride today gentlemen. Glad I was able to join in. Any plans for bringing this traveling band down to CR?

Mike679

Great ride today. Yes, I was the horse's ass w/ no spare derailleur (sp?) hanger. Actually couldn't have happened in a better place as I was able to get to the road and coast/push with my foot back to the lot. Lesson learned there.

Nice seeing/meeting everyone. Most of my rides are solo, so it's always good to get out w/ others who share the mtb-ing obsession.

Here's the gps link, which will differ from the route(s) taken by the rest of you due my mechanical mishap. I would think the rest of you probably came in around the 12-13 mile mark.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/6363716

Mike

Top Bottom