Traveling Hooligan Ride Series

Shaggz

A strong 7
I'd like to set up a schedule of group rides in Northern New Jersey based on the following criteria:

Time: Saturday or Sunday, wheels down at 8:00
Venues:
7/5: Ringwood (GA)
7/12-13: Nuttin'
7/19: Mahlon Dickerson (Sparta Brad)
7/27: Allamuchy Intermeidate (Phat Nelson)
8/2: Chim Rock (Mare)
8/3: Dark Horse 40 (Maddawg and company)
8/10: Stephens (Stratocaster)
8/17 - Jungle Habitat TM & Group Ride (VB)
8/23-24:24 HOA, you folks are on your own
8/30: 6 Mile (Jason P)
9/6: Deer park (BonefishJake)
MD, Allamuchy/Stephen's, Deer Park, Split Rock, Wawayanda, Washington Valley
Duration: Under 2:30
Distance: 10-15 miles
Pace: Social, casual, no drops (leave the hammers at home)
Leaders: Local rider and/or JORBA Rep

The purpose of these rides will be to have fun and get us back home at a reasonable time that does not interfere with family activities. Being the selfish one, I chose parks within a 45 minute drive of my house. Racer types need not apply. Please let me know if anyone is willing to lead rides at these places, and if Saturdays or Sundays are preferential. I will try my best to bang out a schedule in the next couple of days.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nelson and I discussed this as well last night on the phone. We'd like to get as many MTBNJ team members out for the rides as we can.

I have Nelson down for 2 rides, one in July and one in August. I think the July date is 7/26, at Allamuchy, an Intermediate ride, no drop. But given the terrain at Allamuchy this is not a beginner ride simple because the park is not beginner friendly. Some base level of fitness is needed to join. Standard tools/tubes/water text messaging rates apply.

In August, forget the date off hand, we want to do a beginner skills clinic at Ringwood. This is absolutely a beginner friendly ride. If we only cover 6 miles in 3 hours, no big deal.

I'll get the dates firmed up shortly as I have them written down somewhere I'm not.

I'll lead a ride at Lewis Morris, date TBD. And I do want to say that I was able to lead the KVSP ride this past weekend with 8 people and nobody was lost! That's a record for me!

Shaggz

A strong 7
Mare, I am looking for a one-time leader at each location listed above. My goal is to rotate rides in these parks and give the casual rider the opportunity to benefit from learning about the local trails. Please feel free to setup regular rides, but my focus is on the tour of parks in a casual atmosphere.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
i'd be down for the ringwood thing - that sounds fun.

norm - you've ridden with me (i know, i'ts been a while), you think i could pull the allamuchy pace, at least at my caboose pace?

i have a ride for this saturday... figured i'll post it... i was just (literally) emailing it out to my riding friends. i don't mean to step on toes here for ride plans.

the not-necessarily-a-dawn-patrol-ride - let's beat the crowds and the heat:

lewis morris.

slightly hilly, fast, and smooth. wheels down 7:15am. no drop. you'll be done by 10am at the latest. relatively casual pace - with stops at the tops. there will be a few more miles, so for us more out-of-shape folks, you'll be sore the next day - in the good way ;). i have my loop where you snake around to hit everything: the yellow, green, red, blue, and orange trails - it'll end up being the equivalent to a little more/less than two loops of the yellow, plus the boat loop... 12 - 14 miles? just we won't ride the yellow trail the entire time.

rocknrollgirl

Well, just for that, I may have to put together some stuff for the southern ( and middle) contingent....so there you yanks!

We could do Hartshorne, Allaire and Clayton

walter

Fourth Party
Could you imagine a train of like 25 bikes rolling through the hills of Clayton, that would be picture worthy.

Steve, you should come to try Clayton. Not much technical wise, but super fast and roller coaster-like.

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
I'd like to set up a schedule of group rides in Northern New Jersey based on the following criteria:

Time: Saturday or Sunday, wheels down at 8:00
Venues:
7/5: Ringwood (GA)
7/12: Washington Valley (Mare)
7/26: Allamuchy Intermeidate (Phat Nelson)
8/16: Beginner clinic at Ringwood (Phat Nelson)
8/17 - Jungle Habitat (VB)

MD, Allamuchy/Stephen's, Deer Park, Split Rock, Wawayanda, Washington Valley
Duration: Under 2:30
Distance: 10-15 miles
Pace: Social, casual, no drops (leave the hammers at home)
Leaders: Local rider and/or JORBA Rep

The purpose of these rides will be to have fun and get us back home at a reasonable time that does not interfere with family activities. Being the selfish one, I chose parks within a 45 minute drive of my house. Racer types need not apply. Please let me know if anyone is willing to lead rides at these places, and if Saturdays or Sundays are preferential. I will try my best to bang out a schedule in the next couple of days.

Thanks!

The only stipulation for the Jungle Habitat ride is the wheels down time is 11:30, after the non-mandatory TM session which begins at 8:45.

btw - I can do Waway & Blue Mtn. too if noone else steps up...

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have added the Dark Horse 40 to the Calendar here. I know a lot of people plan to do that.

How far in advance do we want to add them to the calendar?

And there's no reason we can't go statewide with this, right? Steve just might not make it ;)

Shaggz

A strong 7
Good call on DH40.

Go to AK for all I care. If it's more than 45 mins from my house, I ain't goin' :getsome:. I already put Will's on the calendar, and will add Mare's later. I just want to make sure I have the dates straight before I start making posts and calendar entries.

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm kinda over-stepping Steve's territory here but...

Roger and Bill - you guys cannot turn it into one of your Black Ops rides. We want to make sure Joe Casual-Rider is comfortable on these.

Okay there is the outside chance that the pace might get ramped up at times. Its not like Rog has won every race this year. oh wait he did. But I'm not competitive either.

We have plenty of experience not losing people. I think we only lost like 3 or 4 people on 50 rides or so. Look its only 45,000 acres.

No really we'll play nice. The trails are laid out with many gathering points.

CrossAddict

False !

Okay there is the outside chance that the pace might get ramped up at times. Its not like Rog has won every race this year. oh wait he did. But I'm not competitive either.

We have plenty of experience not losing people. I think we only lost like 3 or 4 people on 50 rides or so. Look its only 45,000 acres.

No really we'll play nice. The trails are laid out with many gathering points.

Sorry to disappoint, but I placed 10th in the Marathon in Maryland after getting a flat (Which only dropped me a few places) So ha I haven't won every race and with the big boys showing up for the big race this weekend it could be the end of my streak. I hope not.
:getsome:I'm going to give it hell from start to finish this race. :getsome:

maddawg

stewart

i'd be happy to lead a little tour of stewart anytime. the few weeks leading up to the 40 will be a bit hectic as we will be working on the course and other details.
just let me know when.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So what parks are we missing in this list that you wanted to hit Steve?

ADZ

traveling hooligan ride at deer park

so is the ride series happening this weekend? i see that there is a group ride for the 6th at deer park. I wanted to meet with you all last week but family stuff got in the way, would love to meet this week if its happening.

A

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
we're going to have to reschedule deer park. with the weather coming in, it's gonna be nasty...and that place can be pretty wet when it's dry out. we'll get it back on track though.

Mare

Hi,
I'm new to the site. I was wondering if you are planning to extend this ride series throughout the fall?

Something will be done for the fall, but the details are to be determined. Keep checking back here and hopefully you can join us on some rides soon!

Top Bottom