Trashed!

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Lead by example...

Is really all you can do. If you think it's gonna be sketchy, it probably is, so hit the road. If you don't own a road bike, you're more than likely not fit anyway, so take a day off the bike to play guitar hero, or ping pong, or eat cheesy poofs naked in a bean bag chair. Just don't go in the woods, or we'll get anti-erosion man to kick you in the jimmy:D

-Jim.

beachwoodbikes

Shop: Beachwood Bikes
Shop Keep

Attachments

• SLEDBRITE_SNOW_PROOF_32.jpg
    SLEDBRITE_SNOW_PROOF_32.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 144

BiknBen

Its easy to find guilty parties.....Just search motionbased

This one is titled "Allaire - Joy in Mudville"
http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/7592681

Someone had a birthday ride at Hartshorne
http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/7593495

there's more

Wow...here is one reason not to get a GPS. Check their histories and you can see where they live. They are nearly neighbors.

We could send Fred with a search warrant. "Sir, we are looking for a muddy bicycle!"

BTW, they are both really slow riders. :rofl:

ArmyOfNone

Wow...here is one reason not to get a GPS. Check their histories and you can see where they live. They are nearly neighbors.

We could send Fred with a search warrant. "Sir, we are looking for a muddy bicycle!"

BTW, they are both really slow riders. :rofl:

Me: Sir your wheel appears out of true.
Fvcktard: No, it looks pretty good to me.
*STOMP*
Me: Check again.
:D:D:D

Frank

Sasquatch
Great post

Is really all you can do. If you think it's gonna be sketchy, it probably is, so hit the road. If you don't own a road bike, you're more than likely not fit anyway, so take a day off the bike to play guitar hero, or ping pong, or eat cheesy poofs naked in a bean bag chair. Just don't go in the woods, or we'll get anti-erosion man to kick you in the jimmy:D

-Jim.

As much as I would like them strung up by their junk, Jim said it best. No one broke any laws, they were ignorant to what some of us feel is right. My hope is that they are lurkers and learned that they angered the wookie and won't do it again.

BiknBen

As much as I would like them strung up by their junk, Jim said it best. No one broke any laws, they were ignorant to what some of us feel is right. My hope is that they are lurkers and learned that they angered the wookie and won't do it again.

I had a conversation related to this over the weekend. Based on the occasional trail-nazi arguments we have on MTBNJ, you could say that we are Hyper-aware of the potential for trail damage. Unfortunately, we are the minority. There are thousands of other riders and trail users that simply do not know. The only problem they see is that their bikes are really dirty.

I found it funny that the MB user named the ride "Allaire - Joy in Mudville". Obviously, he is not familiar with 6-Mile or Mercer CP. ;)

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
so no tree stand and crossbows? ill use dull arrows. or i can dress up like machoman and do elbows out of trees screaming "oooooooh yeeeeeeeeah" on the way down.

Frank

Sasquatch
Based on the occasional trail-nazi arguments we have on MTBNJ, you could say that we are Hyper-aware of the potential for trail damage. Unfortunately, we are the minority. There are thousands of other riders and trail users that simply do not know. The only problem they see is that their bikes are really dirty.

What you are not aware of is that the other user groups call the parks and complain about this kind of damage. The fact that we are "Hyper-aware" is why we still have access. We'll just keep spreading the word and hopefully more folks will drink the kool-aid.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Lead By Example Is really all you can do. If you think it's gonna be sketchy, it probably is, so hit the road. If you don't own a road bike, you're more than likely not fit anyway, so take a day off the bike to play guitar hero, or ping pong, or eat cheesy poofs naked in a bean bag chair. Just don't go in the woods, or we'll get anti-erosion man to kick you in the jimmy:D

-Jim.

Yes, good post. It would also be great if you all could take that one step further by getting your paydirt done and recorded early to set example publicly.

IMHO, there are some super fit people without road bikes like ellenserruto, and it is the fit people that can afford and benefit more from a day off than the weekend warrior.

RNG1

Also agree, however this is the second post that I have seen that has compared ping pong to other useless time wasting activities. Anyone dissing ping pong again will answer to my paddle. (disclaimer note: this is not a terrorist threat).:)

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG

nothing more to say but we will rebuild even better we have the technology

Attachments

• star-wars-charisma-lando-chewbacca.jpg
    star-wars-charisma-lando-chewbacca.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 136

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
The usage issue goes further than bikes. I encountered four hikers and a horse on Sunday, as well as 1 CX, a few hybrids, and a henwhey. There are loops in Allaire that can be riden, walked, horseback, that do not cause damage.

It's the TW type stuff that gets pounded - but its a renegade anyway. The damage done by 20 bikes in a day is no different than what happened at24H 2years ago - If your gonna be a hippocrit, be a good one.

Frank

Sasquatch
The usage issue goes further than bikes. I encountered four hikers and a horse on Sunday, as well as 1 CX, a few hybrids, and a henwhey. There are loops in Allaire that can be riden, walked, horseback, that do not cause damage.

It's the TW type stuff that gets pounded - but its a renegade anyway. The damage done by 20 bikes in a day is no different than what happened at24H 2years ago - If your gonna be a hippocrit, be a good one.

I'm a great hippocrit thank you very much. And what's a henwhey? ;)
Tiger Woods was "adopted" by the park a couple of years ago BTW.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG

I saw at least 2 horse trailers on sunday..and of course I was gonna ask whats a henwhey but the Wookie beat me to it...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions