Trashed!

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
i did the road stuff both days Sunday I went by the lot and must have been about 15 cars in the lot..Sunday I could not get out of riding into the headwind....:)

beachwoodbikes

Shop: Beachwood Bikes
Shop Keep
Alternatives

Time to look for some alternatives for a while now. There is no freeze in sight until late next week at least and even so it's supposed to piss down several times until then.:mad::mad: Oh well, maybe some surf or snowboarding is in order. Time to saltproof the road bike. Maybe tampers could be handed out at the trailhead by the hundreds this weekend and the crowds could be put to some productive time on the trails??

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
man this makes me mad because i fear for another deep freeze to create more permanent ruts. getting out there on saturday morning early while it was still frozen you could see how much ruts were underneath the snow from the winter so far. trail maintenance is going to be a bitch. im going to buy a tree stand and a crossbow for the next soupy day.

Frank

Sasquatch
Whats the signage policy? Does this mean we can't post info on the bulletin board.
Oh well, this spring TM will be much needed. See you there:D

2 years ago we had an idea to add an Interpretive trail and the park denied our request due to signage. All the signs need to be uniform for all the state parks. It's probably one vendor that makes them because he's a friend of an official, but anyway. This year we will build a beginner loop off of the lot that does not connect with any other trails and they can get signs after the fact.

Back to our situation. We will work with our park liason to get something posted to deal with poor trail conditions. Once we get final approval for our tm dates I will post some form of signage in the kiosk.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anti Erosion Man!

I did not want to piss off Anti Erosion Man so I opted for a road ride instead of hitting Allaire. I rode passed the trailhead and it was packed! Couldn't believe that many heads where out there ripping up the place. Anti Erosion Man is MAAAAD!

and Damn!...t has been so long since I have been on the road bike, I almost forgot how enjoyable it is!

-Eric

antierrosionmanweb.jpg

fetish.jpg

Last edited:

LandCruiser

Did an early ride Saturday morning when it was still frozen and knew it would be bad Sunday so I stayed away. I stopped by today to check it out and didn't even take the bike down...the trail head looked like a Motocross starting line

:(

Frank

Sasquatch
I did not want to piss off Anti Erosion Man so I opted for a road ride instead of hitting Allaire. I rode passed the trailhead and it was packed! Couldn't believe that many heads where out there ripping up the place. Anti Erosion Man is MAAAAD!

and Damn!...t has been so long since I have been on the road bike, I almost forgot how enjoyable it is!

-Eric

antierrosionmanweb.jpg

fetish.jpg

Where was A/E man on sunday?:rofl:
Imagine if everyone was on this site? This thread wouldn't be here!!

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Maybe tampers could be handed out at the trailhead by the hundreds this weekend and the crowds could be put to some productive time on the trails??

Now that's an idea!
Get some t-shirts made up with "Leave No Trace" across them.
Get a crew out there to tamp the trails. As you work, obstruct the path just long enough that riders have to stop and see the message and think about it. Engage them in pleasant(never combative) conversation, ask them to avoid the wet and invite them to come help clean up when they're done.

You'll get to the ruts while they're pliable, you'll bypass sign rules and you get the message to the people that need to hear it.

Just a thought...

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
I heard the parking lot at clayton was so full on sunday that it reached capacity. Most people just don't care about what happens to the trails, as long as they get to ride in the nice weather.

<~~~~~~~sees a lot of pavement in the next 2 weeks. . .

Frank

Sasquatch
I heard the parking lot at clayton was so full on sunday that it reached capacity. Most people just don't care about what happens to the trails, as long as they get to ride in the nice weather.

<~~~~~~~sees a lot of pavement in the next 2 weeks. . .

Sad, but true.

dhsean

Saturday morning was glorious. 8 am dry powdery snow and lots of fun. Sunday was glorious on the road with Ben, Fred, Chris, Marc, Mike, Mare, etc... Don't worry Frank, I'll be there this Spring to help rebuild.

I can't get all judgemental on everybody since back in the day I rode without a helmet in my jeans and destroyed everything in my path. I can't claim innocence on being stupid - I eventually learned. Uninformed people will always exist - all you can do is try your best to educate and get the word out to the new people.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions