Transgender cyclist wins women’s championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
However trying to get in the way of people just trying to be happy? At the elite level there are probably quite a few unhappy people. And non team events in running, cycling, tennis and other sports where you are the one competing EVERYTHING is about you. Many of sporting greats destroy everything else in their lives in pursuit of being the best, famous, fastest, or whatever, so why should gender be any different? The doping epidemic is proof that people will do anything to be the best. So not allowing them to change their gender identify and the governing body is getting in their way, rut roh, now we have an issue.

Changing your gender physically to match how you feel on the inside is a bold choice, and we should be free to make these types of choices to be happy, and support our friends who make them. The outcome is not purely black and white though. Biologicaly you are still what you were born as, and 99% of the time this shouldn’t determine how you’re treated. In higher level sports though, it’s a different story. An athlete who was a man, undergoes the change, and still intensely trains, is going to have an advantage over the other ladies in certain sports because of biology and nature.

If Bruce decided to become Caitlyn before the 76 games, do you think it would have been fair to let him race with the ladies?

roc

Well, perhaps this is somehow related to winter shoes? It could be the longest thread.
It is funny, in an ironic way, that you quoted my post. When I said I was looking for some acrimonious posts I was thinking of many years back when a few people were complaining that you were making the trails too easy at ringwood, specifically along the yellow trail by skyline. I always thought those people were "nuts" and we should just thank you and Art for all the hard work you guys do, although I did love the back and forth. The bottom line is, the mountain bike community is so much better off, because of all the work you have done and continue to do. So thanks for all the trails I've ridden for the past 15-20 years because of your efforts!!! And I can't wait to ride from ringwood to sterling!!!

wonderturtle

If Bruce decided to become Caitlyn before the 76 games, do you think it would have been fair to let him race with the ladies?

Sums up my position perfectly. And funny I was thinking about this thread on my drive home and the exact thought crossed my mind

I think it’s wonderful that our society has evolved to the point where Bruce could openly identify as Caitlyn.

As someone else said above: be you.

But competing in the olympics against women? Sorry. Just not an even playing field.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
ok - i get it. a differing opinion stated openly (even properly) invites retaliation from those who differ, and those who maintain PC.
most people can't handle alternate opinions with intelligent discourse. I wish i could empower you - but i respect that you
have weighed the consequences against the action (yeah, beyond the average human's capability!)
---
So just to let everyone in, this is the sociology/behavior/genetics/heredity stuff i like to delve into, and contemplate.
if i wasn't a comp sci person, i would have been in this space - i've taken way too many psychology classes!!

I was making reference to the speculation that the second place athlete outwardly expressed support for Rachel but most likely was pissed off behind closed doors. Any statement other than support gets her labeled a bigot, transophobe, homophobe, etc.

I personally have no problem making an ass of myself. :p

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
From her interview...

She also claimed the cyclists who finished 2nd and 4th in the race were “strong supporters” of hers, and accused her critics of bigotry and transphobia.

This is what bullying looks like. Her competitors can't speak up even if they wanted to.

Chris(NJ)

From her interview...

She also claimed the cyclists who finished 2nd and 4th in the race were “strong supporters” of hers, and accused her critics of bigotry and transphobia.

This is what bullying looks like. Her competitors can't speak up even if they wanted to.

This is a typical lefty tactic these days. You disagree and you get accused with some derogatory label. racist, bigot, misogynist...you name it. Didn't work out well for them in the election and it's not going to get any better, yet they continue with it. People are sick of hearing it. This tranny's career won't last long if this is going to be his/her approach.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is a typical lefty tactic these days. You disagree and you get accused with some derogatory label. racist, bigot, misogynist...you name it. Didn't work out well for them in the election and it's not going to get any better, yet they continue with it. People are sick of hearing it. This tranny's career won't last long if this is going to be his/her approach.

Thread over, and you can sit on the bench for a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom