Trance X

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I was in Halters the other day and came across a Trance X2. I currently ride an '05 trance and love it. I was thinking of getting the X and swapping most the the parts aside from the fork, frame, shock and maybe brakes.

As anyones ridden know anything about the X's. I like how they do the downtube and shock mount over the one I have and I heard the derail hanger is better. If you have any info, please post!

CycleBoy

Sussex Bike and Sport
Shop Keep
The Trance X2 gets you a lot of bike for the money. At 1800, your plan seems very feasible. The bike did get a bit lighter. Some people love the look of it, some people hate it. The fact of the matter is it all had a reason. Notice that the shock no longer passes through the downtube. Well, that where most of that weight savings is. I spent a bit of time on a Trance X in Vegas at Interbike. It was very responsive and very rider friendly. The hayes stroker brakes work great, but still have a very different feel from, say, avids. We are a Trek and Gary Fisher dealer as well as a Giant dealer. All of those lines all have a five inch travel design. Of what I've ridden, the two favorites are the trance x and the new Trek Fuel Ex. I would say of those two, the Giant felt a little more stable descending. Both climbed well and rode well. Not to detract from the Giant, but I would say both of these bikes are worth a look. The Fuel Ex 8 is priced a little higher. You figure 2200 for that and it has the fox front and rear. If interested, I just got a bunch of Fuel Exs in if you want to see them. I don't have a Trance X in yet, but if you fit on an 18", pm me and I can get you an 18" Trance X2 to demo.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
I was in Halters the other day and came across a Trance X2. I currently ride an '05 trance and love it. I was thinking of getting the X and swapping most the the parts aside from the fork, frame, shock and maybe brakes.

As anyones ridden know anything about the X's. I like how they do the downtube and shock mount over the one I have and I heard the derail hanger is better. If you have any info, please post!

I just got a Trance X1 from Cycleworks at the beginning of November (combo birthday/Christmas present from DD-) -- I just love it!

I, like you, have the original '05 Trance model. My Trance X1 is approximately 2 pounds lighter than my 2005 Trance 2 and you can feel it. The extra inch of travel is noticed in places like Allamuchy. I don't know if it is psychological or not, but with the new bike I have been cleaning a lot more rock gardens and log piles on the first try.

Overall, I highly recommend the Trance X. Besides, the new annodized frames with the bead blasted name and Giant logo looks great!

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
wow, 2lbs lighter! I do like that the shock does not pierce the downtube anymore, even though the old design looks cool, I always wondered about its durability.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
wow, 2lbs lighter! I do like that the shock does not pierce the downtube anymore, even though the old design looks cool, I always wondered about its durability.

I wondered about its durability as well, especially with me being a big boy. At work we almost got this new 3D scanner -- if we had gotten that, I was going to use the output geometry to make a finite element model of the original Trance frame just to see what type of stresses & deflections it experiences.

Kind of geeky, but it would have made a cool picture.

Top Bottom