Trainers

heythorp

WTF i replied to this thread and it is now missing?

ok the skewer for the most part is either one of a few things.

1. like norm said it might be designed for the trainer but i have not seen that to be the case too many times.

2. Many people have very light weight skewers that are not designed for trainer use.

3. If you use the one it comes with you wont scratch your perty one you spent lots of money on. I dont think ti skewers do too well on trainers.

With that said, i know where my trainer skewer is (pretty impressive since i am packed to move) but i have never used it. Too much a pita to be honest.

ArmyOfNone

ok - i got the trainer put together, and am planning on setting up the bike tonight. the trainer came with quick release skewer. Is there any reason to use this one and not the one currently on the bike?

you go for a ride yet? if so what did you think? i did an hour with 5x5 minute intervals with some overgearing (lack of a better term). i still need to print out some interval workouts and get a computer w/a cadence monitor.

Shaggz

A strong 7
i'm fitting my bike up tonight after the kids go to bed. i got the cat eye astrale 8 cyclometer. it has a rear wheel sensor and cadence thingee. share the wealth when you gt some of those plans. the punishment begins tomorrow morning

ArmyOfNone

i'm fitting my bike up tonight after the kids go to bed. i got the cat eye astrale 8 cyclometer. it has a rear wheel sensor and cadence thingee. share the wealth when you gt some of those plans. the punishment begins tomorrow morning

GOOD LUCK!

ArmyOfNone

just remember not to overdo it you two. especially now, with racing season/summer so far away.

im gonna ride it till the wheels fall off!

i dont really see that happening all that much. when it actually gets to the point where we wont be able to ride outside i hope to switch my focus back to the weights so i can put back on a few more pounds.

i was checking out the interval workouts on one website that was posted. the workouts are 20 min long. is that long enough to make any type of gains? or should i combine two or three 20 workouts?

A

Ant

I should add that riding on a trainer is seriously the most boring thing I've done with the possible exception of my Western Civ class in college. Also, be prepared to have your butt hurt a bit since you're not moving around when on the trainer like you would on the trail or road.

Shaggz

A strong 7
Alright - I found the solution. I just picked up a slick, and am putting it on the old rear wheel from my jekyll, which conveniently has the same cassette as my trance. Now all I need to do is swap out the wheel depending on whether it is a road day or a trail day!

walter

Fourth Party
Nice, my trainer is en route. Cant wait, I guess. All I have to do now is beat this lingering cold and sore throat.

walter

walter

Fourth Party
Same as you and Fred, thanks for the hook up. Best of all, my wife knew I wanted one for xmas, but didnt know what to get, so when we were looking at them the other night, she offered to pay. One cycleops and one rear wheel comp. How is yours coming along?

thanks again for the link
walter

Shaggz

A strong 7
glad to help out. i have been getting acquainted with it, and will start to really train now that i dialed in the bike situation (i was using my wife's which was far from ideal). Looks like I am spot on for my January 1 official start date.

walter

Fourth Party
unless mine mysteriously shows up today, I wont be able to get going until after the holiday. Oh well, gives me a couple more days to get all these snots and boogers out of my body

ArmyOfNone

eww boogies! hope you feel better!

i havent been on the trainer since the first ride. lets hope i can keep it that way. too much fun riding on big rocks and crashing into trees.

ArmyOfNone

Oh, to be young and indestructable again...

I think you may have combined 2 completely different thoughts. ;)

Ha thats great! It would make life so much easier if i knew what i was doing and i didnt have to learn from smacking up on a rock or tree to realize...bonehead! six inches to the left would have kept the rubber side down!

But thats half the fun! i think everyone else enjoys it as well. its a win win for all!:)

Top Bottom