trainer observations

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've tried doing intervals on it. Well I think I'd rather shoot myself in the foot.

i wrote that i'd rather get hit by a shot on the inner thigh from a lacrosse ball moving 90 mph in february but i didn't think anyone would relate to that type of pain so i deleted it.

same difference though, we both agree it sux butt.

Maurice

Which loop at CR do you do?

Gravity merely means you have to put more power into the pedals. To simulate hills you need to have a higher output for a shorter time (the duration of the hill).

You obviously can't simulate a loose gravel climb on the trainer. It's only concerned with power output, not anything else like technical skills, gravel, wind, balance, horse shit, etc.

I wish it were that easy :)

The loop I do is on the Newman's Lane parking lot side. Forget the color, red? I was there today and don't even remember that...
Follow along the reservoir until the trail forms a Y, take the right up the hill. Start hammering. Don't forget to hit the log pile on the way up (once it was wet and I literally hit it). Bear left, then go straight up 'til the trail joins the fire-road. You may hit the big log also, adds some spice. Then keep going up around the corner through the rocks and head straight towards the quarry. That's where I usually catch my breath. Then back towards the fire road, first right then down towards the parking lot via the transverse trail at an easier pace. I like the flow of the uphill, and the downhill is not so easy that you only have to coast.

ArmyOfNone

i wrote that i'd rather get hit by a shot on the inner thigh from a lacrosse ball moving 90 mph in february but i didn't think anyone would relate to that type of pain so i deleted it.

same difference though, we both agree it sux butt.

I have been hit w/ a few 80+ mph fastballs in spring training and that is not so much fun. And the pain only lasts a few seconds, not a whole hour or more!

Riding time this winter has been a few times a week and luckily it was outside. However last year i was pretty dedicated to 2-3 trainer sessions per week and feel i reaped the benenfits of doing so. I can much smoother at a high rpm and was able to recover from efforts which i put my HR through the roof.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Rode the trainer for the first time today but on for about 20 min, still worked up a sweat though...I have to work on the set up of the trainer and I think the free trainer I got may have an unbalanced magnet? It just doesn't feel smooth. I any case, not sure how much I can stand the trainer but good for interim work outs, I guess.

ArmyOfNone

yea i open all the windows and have the fan on blast right in my face. I sweat my ass of still but im cool....yea im cool

dhsean

Daylight Savings!

Thank God for daylight savings time. I stole my roommates trainer yesterday during the storm to prep my legs for today's road/windy ride since I hit the gym friday night and my body was thrashed. I haven't been on a trainer since I sold mine 10 years ago. It was awful, the bike doesn't feel the same, it's hot, and boring even though I was watching Earthed 5. But now I can sneak rides in after work during the week. Woohoo!

I should of opened the windows, that makes sense now since I probably sweat out about 5 lbs yesterday. :hmmm:

Top Bottom