Trailside MTB Repair Classes

roadone

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Pedal Sports is offering Mountain Bike repair classes at the shop on Wednesday February 11th and Wednesday February 25th from 6:30pm until we are done. This class is designed for all riders and will include hands on demonstrations on how to handle trail side repairs.

Topics covered will include:

What tools should I carry?
How to fix flat tire?
What if I don't have a tube?
How about tubeless wheels?
Shifting problems?
Bent Derailleur Hanger?
Bent Disc?
Broken Chains?
MORE!!

We will discuss many ways to prevent having a problem on your ride. More importantly, we will explain how to get back to the fun (or to the car) as quickly as possible. How much does it cost? Its FREE!!!

Pedal Sports is located at 20-D Elm Street in Oakland, NJ just off rt 287 and very close to Skyline Drive. Click here for directions.

Just call (201) 337-9380 or email us at pedal1@verizon.net to reserve your spot. Refreshments will be served.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Kool!!

I'm really good at crashing my bike.
I should be a little more well versed in fixing it.:eek:

I'll be there!

The Kalmyk

Schweet...It is quite a drive from my job to Oakland but I will try and make this...I have never been to a shop holding classes

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
I took the Park Tools class at Cycleworks five years ago. What I learned there I have applied both trailside and in my garage, as I do 90% of the repairs on my bike. It has saved me both time and money.

It is well worth it to take classes like this.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
i DO know how to fix a flat, but shifting problems :hmmm:
i'll be there too.
With the current economic conditions, I should be saving some $$ by fixing most of the problems myself instead of bringing it to the 'chop'.

D

DrunkenMaster

live 10 minutes from the shop, definitely going to be there

D

DrunkenMaster

The workshop was awesome, lots of useful information. If you can make it, you should definitely show up next week.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
It is definitely a class for beginners, but I did learned a coupe of new tricks.
So I would recommend it to all the newbies out there.

Thanks to Rob for the tips and also to Cyclopath for the cookies !

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
I thought it was great.

I've been lucky so far and have only had a shifting problem on the trails. That was when I was riding with Tony, one of my favorite wrenches... problem solved!:D But since I can't fit him in my camelback...

I was good on the flats and disk issues, but had no clue what to do with a broken derailleur or chain. Shifting adjustments became quite a bit less hocus pocus and more of a science(If I remember which screw did which:hmmm:). Now I know how to deal with a broken chain and how to convert a broken derailleur to a singe speed to finish the ride:cool:

It was also great to meet some mtbnj faces and learn how to pronounce elzoller's real name, "el-zoll-er";)

roadone

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Trailside MTB Repair Class

Pedal Sports is offering a Mountain Bike repair class at the shop on Wednesday February 25th from 6:30pm until we are done. This class is designed for all riders and will include hands on demonstrations on how to handle trail side repairs.

Topics covered will include:

What tools should I carry?
How to fix flat tire?
What if I don't have a tube?
How about tubeless wheels?
Shifting problems?
Bent Derailleur Hanger?
Bent Disc?
Broken Chains?
MORE!!

We will discuss many ways to prevent having a problem on your ride. More importantly, we will explain how to get back to the fun (or to the car) as quickly as possible. How much does it cost? Its FREE!!!

Pedal Sports is located at 20-D Elm Street in Oakland, NJ just off rt 287 and very close to Skyline Drive. Click here for directions.

Just call (201) 337-9380 or email us at pedal1@verizon.net to reserve your spot.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Call or email if you plan to attend and get your name on the list.
I'll make cookies again and I'd to hate it if there weren't enough for you;)

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Wow, free class and free cookies. Plus hang out and learn with other mountain bikers.:) Good stuff!

Top Bottom