Trail Rules who knows them....

clutch

Chuck Norris is a vocal advocate for respecting horses.

Chuck Norris ALWAYS yields to the climbing rider.

Once, Mr. Norris witnessed a guy not yield to a climber, and he ripped the guy's bike into little pieces, ate them, and then fired them out of his butt like bullets. He's a tough guy, indeed. True story.

Chuck Norris' preferred method of yielding to the uphill rider is bunny hopping 10ft over him.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
^ yes I agree.

Now in my case, (Baggy shorts, wicking T-shirt, and non-shaved legs) I do believe that I have the right of way over anyone in a cotton T-shirt right? :D

gtluke

The Moped
how does single speed play into this? i think its 2 points up the rung.
so single speed + tights still has right of way over a geared bike with shaved legs

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
how does single speed play into this? i think its 2 points up the rung.
so single speed + tights still has right of way over a geared bike with shaved legs

This wouldn't be a likely scenario, the singlespeeder will be blown off the trail due to the sonic boom created from someone actually going fast;)

-Jim.

bikeboy566

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Exactly.....

I just threw the question out there because sooooo many riders now a days have no clue and I just wanted to see the reaction !! On that note just remember that sometimes the guys who may be climbing as your decending may be on a Single Speed (with a crazy gear ... I like to make my front ring bigger and bigger right now I'm only riding a 36 x 17) or a Fixed Gear or even a Cyclecross bike set up like a singlespeed ....(a couple sundays ago I rode 6 mile run with a 48 x 17 on my Fixed Gear but flipped the hub to a freewheel).

So remember how bad it sucks to start riding a hill when your in the wrong gear !!

Somebody should have told the guy that ran into me head on at C.R.a few week ago these rules, would have saved me a front wheel( freakin guy tacoed my wheel and sent me over the bars,:mad:thats how hard he blasted me) i was going up and he was out of control going down hill.

Last edited:
D

DANSPANK

I was reading a UK bike mag the other day and a guy was describing a long downhill. He said along the lines of "As I was blasting down I noticed a rider coming up the other way. He graciously let me spin past (as is the rule) and I flowed on to the bottom...). I think the thinking there is that it's harder for the downhill guy to slow to a stop and get out of the way - especially on a long downhill.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
This wouldn't be a likely scenario, the singlespeeder will be blown off the trail due to the sonic boom created from someone actually going fast;)

-Jim.
I've seen singlespeeders actually pull over and kill themselves in order to get out of Jim's way.:rofl:

BiknBen

jimvreeland said:

The trail etiquette was awesome last night at 6-Mile everyone was yielding to the guy with the helmet-cam (me). I thought it was so funny I added a comment during the video.

See the video in the 6-Mile Run forum.
discussion here

Top Bottom