Trail Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

smufguy

I would suggest you refer to Kirt about any work at CR. Rangers observing you entering the woods with a shovel may not be aware of your good intentions.:)

LOL nice one, I'll just tell them that I forgot the body in the trunk of my car.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
reports of 95% bone-dry trails in Eastern Long Island:

cath2.jpg

that's cathedral pines

Cha1985

We rode allaire today it was a real nice ride, Not really muddy at all except for parts of the river trail but other than that it was a real dry ride, Lots of fun, I will be out there tomorrow morning also hope to see some people enjoying the trails...

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
The 1.2mile loop at Rahway Park was bone dry...pushed a 19mph pace for an hour straight today after work...anyone know the name of cycling club that does the group rides there? I tried 2 goooooooooogle it but no luck cause I'm stupid

VanDbtRiver

The 1.2mile loop at Rahway Park was bone dry...pushed a 19mph pace for an hour straight today after work...anyone know the name of cycling club that does the group rides there? I tried 2 goooooooooogle it but no luck cause I'm stupid

do they wear the wendy's/ideal tile kits?

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's

what group rides? have you seen a club riding there. they used to race there on tues. nights.
warinanco park is not too far from Rahway, its another good park to loop. just go down st. george ave...if anyone stops you for directions keep peddling, this is some real urban riding.
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=thomp...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CAcQ8gEwAA

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
what group rides? have you seen a club riding there. they used to race there on tues. nights.
warinanco park is not too far from Rahway, its another good park to loop. just go down st. george ave...if anyone stops you for directions keep peddling, this is some real urban riding.
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=thomp...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CAcQ8gEwAA

Maybe it is a race that I'm talking about. Thought it was a group ride. That other park in Roselle I like the ice skateing rink (grew up in Avenel)...I'm a good ice dancer.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Maybe it is a race that I'm talking about. Thought it was a group ride. That other park in Roselle I like the ice skateing rink (grew up in Avenel)...I'm a good ice dancer.

ok chazz michael michaels
did you notice the color of the club jerseys?
not sure if they still race on tuesday nights, the county cops where trying to put an end to it. If they go it would start next tues at 6pm.
I grew up in roselle, we would tell our parents we were going skating every weekend and go party in the park. I'm a bad ice dancer.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
I only saw 5-6 other bikes there today...I have zero business being anywhere near a road race I just thought they did a group thing.

As for trail reports Hartshorne was dog shit monday and after what the trails and bikes looked like at Allaire sunday its hard to imagine it got better over night (standing water and deep snow still in some sections although most parts were good). I did a very small section at Hartshorne, packed it in and cruised a local park. We need warm temps and a long rain to wash the snow away then we need more beer and warmer weather then and only then will it be ok to almost think about maybe riding a mountain bike in New Jersey.

boris_159

I went to Mercer County Park today and it was fine. I barely had to wipe any mud off my bike when I got back. Trails were dry, the only snow I saw was off of the trails. There were a few muddy spots but they were easily avoidable and were typical mud spots that would be there if it had rained over a week ago.

I didn't go to the other side of the lake but the side where the tennis courts, and playground are was beautiful.

smufguy

just go down st. george ave...if anyone stops you for directions keep peddling, this is some real urban riding.

That's funny you mentioned it. When I used to work in Garwood, I used to go help my co-worker out with his 1.8T on S. Elmora in Elizabeth, and had to drive by this park. During the day, with joggers and dog-walkers its no biggie, once the sun sets, its like walking down McCarter hwy. Scary :scared:

Cha1985

Hartshorne

Rode hartshorne today it was a kick as* ride got a little chilly towards the evening but other than that Rocky point was alot of fun just watch out for the low trees when ur moving fast and Grand Tour was fast and fun also.. Get out there before it gets nasty its gunna rain bad this weekend...

ArmyOfNone

I seem to remember ArmyofFred going to these. Maybe he will chime in.

You are talking about the rahway river park training crit. This goes on tuesday evenings for a while. I have attended a couple of these sessions. They are definitely a good way to get some high intensity work in during a small amount of time.

I attended these with very little miles under my belt. I dont even think I knew what a crit was. I was in a bit over my head:hmmm:

I was having a discussion about this very event the other day. I will give the following disclaimers: The pace is fast. Beware of pain. :D Anyone is can get in the mix here. Yahoos like myself with no experience riding in a pack can present a serious danger to the him/herself and the others around him. Stay clear of the guys who cant ride in a straight line or over react to the situations in front of them. Keep your eyes up on the road and riders ahead. You will keep yourself out of danger.

I guess the point of it all is to be safe and you will come away with some valuable training. :):):)

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I guess the point of it all is to be safe and you will come away with some valuable training. :):):)

yeah, this is not a ride to hop on without a decent amount of group riding under your belt. you should be comfortable riding in a tight pack.
anyone who wants to do crits this is a great way to train and hell its free.:popcorn:

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
You are talking about the rahway river park training crit. This goes on tuesday evenings for a while. I have attended a couple of these sessions. They are definitely a good way to get some high intensity work in during a small amount of time.

I attended these with very little miles under my belt. I dont even think I knew what a crit was. I was in a bit over my head:hmmm:

I was having a discussion about this very event the other day. I will give the following disclaimers: The pace is fast. Beware of pain. :D Anyone is can get in the mix here. Yahoos like myself with no experience riding in a pack can present a serious danger to the him/herself and the others around him. Stay clear of the guys who cant ride in a straight line or over react to the situations in front of them. Keep your eyes up on the road and riders ahead. You will keep yourself out of danger.

I don't have any EXP in groups but plenty of miles under my belt and no problem holding a straight line while riding. I'd only be worried about my pace not being fast enough but I'm sure some people will be on my level. Meh I'll be riding there after work all next week anyway so I'll check it out. trails will be F'ed. Walter/anyone come meet me there today 4:45ish. Blue Mazda/red Jamis I'll be the dude on it with sexy legs. Last chance to ride for the weekend

ArmyOfNone

I don't have any EXP in groups but plenty of miles under my belt and no problem holding a straight line while riding. I'd only be worried about my pace not being fast enough but I'm sure some people will be on my level. Meh I'll be riding there after work all next week anyway so I'll check it out. trails will be F'ed. Walter/anyone come meet me there today 4:45ish. Blue Mazda/red Jamis I'll be the dude on it with sexy legs. Last chance to ride for the weekend

I say give it a go! Have fun. :getsome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom