Trail/race bike?

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I recently sold my Pivot Mach 4sl. Great bike but I want something more capable. I race a bunch of NUEs but Gambrill state park and harrisonburg, Va will be my go to spots. Needs to climb good but capable of getting sendy. I feel like @UtahJoe was looking for something similar but a Bronson may be a hair too much. So far I am thinking YT Izzi, Rascal Ranger or the longer travel norco revolver.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
you’ll be faster on a single speed

on some real shit, it seems more and more XC race bikes are already 120/120, so they are pretty sendy

Mtbdog

Canyon Neuron seems to check a few of your boxes. 130/130,multiple wheel choices, great for marathon racers. July Mountain Bike Action has reviews on a bunch of bikes of that ilk.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Are there 2000 ft climbs? Bc go with what's faster uphill

I love my tallboy 3, I don't have it set up for climbing speed, but it's just not in the same league... Ballpark... Sport as my scalpel is in terms of uphill speed.... I have ridden the mach 429 trail and it's awesome, but no freaking way I'd do an xc race on one.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Are there 2000 ft climbs? Bc go with what's faster uphill

I love my tallboy 3, I don't have it set up for climbing speed, but it's just not in the same league... Ballpark... Sport as my scalpel is in terms of uphill speed.... I have ridden the mach 429 trail and it's awesome, but no freaking way I'd do an xc race on one.
I’d say marathon racing is more my thing and I got destroyed on the down hills this year running 100 mm sit ultimate.

Top Bottom