trail off of Wildcat loop

sundaydoug

I've been riding Wawayanda for 15 years and only recently discovered the Wildcat loop down near Ferber Lodge. I've been riding it in the counter-clockwise direction and noticed a trail that goes off to the west direction near the fire pit area. I didn't have enough time this past weekend to go exploring so I stuck to the loop, but I'm curious as to where it goes. I attached a pic, base of the red arrow is approximately where it starts and heads off in the general direction of the arrow. I'm going to explore more this weekend, but thought I'd see if anyone knew where it went.

BTW the Wildcat loop is pretty awesome

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-27 at 9.52.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-27 at 9.52.54 AM.png
    286.3 KB · Views: 284

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've been riding Wawayanda for 15 years and only recently discovered the Wildcat loop down near Ferber Lodge.

That trail is less than a year old, so don't worry about not knowing about it for the last fifteen years :p

The trail off of it goes to where Splitrock crosses Old Coal.

sundaydoug

That trail is less than a year old, so don't worry about not knowing about it for the last fifteen years :p

It's pretty well ridden in, so I just assumed it had been there a while. It's one of my new favorites, but it's kind of out by itself. Good to know there's a connector, I'll check it out this weekend. Thanks!

chris12453

I honestly can say I have never ridden the wildcat loop and I've been riding Wayway for just as long. Worst part, I live 2.5 miles away.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I honestly can say I have never ridden the wildcat loop and I've been riding Wayway for just as long. Worst part, I live 2.5 miles away.

You should probably go check it out. There's lots of stuff on the other side of the road too. Exploring is fun yo.

chris12453

@JimN

I think I will have to. I ride up and down clinton on my road bike all the time. Never rode the yellow stuff though. I venture down usually everything, but never there. I should give myself a swift kick in the ass.

mtbiker87

Same here. I never seem to find my self on that side of the park very often. I'll have to fix that.

sorry for the late response...that off shoot off of Wildcat was completed early June 2018...and if we're talking about the same trail, connects with Old Coal midway up the long climb...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions