Trail name confusion

stilluf

I've been riding at Chimney since 2008, and I always refer to trails by their color, and to segments by their geography (e.g. lower blue). But I've also seen individual segments with names. For example, I always thought the trail heading downhill from the Vosseller lot was the Hi-Tek trail, but I've also seen it called IMBA trail. Which is right? Also, I've seen a reference to Coney Island, but I have no idea what or where this is. I'm sure there are others which are known to long-time CR riders.

So please help me out. Weigh in with trail names and locations (or even proposed names), and clear up my confusion (at least on this one issue)!

I Ride Bikes

The trail along vosseller is high tech from the top down, back up the switchbacks. I believe the top of the switchbacks intersects with IMBA. Someone might have to confirm that tho.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Norm needs to update the candyland map.

Hi tech is the trail closest to Vosseler rd.
Coney Island are the roller coasters on white.
Imba connects to Hi Tech.

stilluf

I'll definitely be at the next TM @pooriggy ! Last year I worked on the Hi Tech trail, and the new section (which needs a name) connecting to the fire road to the Chimney Rock. It's a great feeling to ride over trails that you helped build. Looking forward to more this year.

rick81721

Lothar
Assume you're talking about strava segment names - there tends to be so many I generally ignore them. Usually there are multiple segments that cover the same trail sections, some are long, some are ridiculously short. When I create strava trail segments they are usually analytically boring (like trail marker 5 to 7) but at least I know exactly where they start and finish

rlb

@Norm needs to update the candyland map.

Hi tech is the trail closest to Vosseler rd.
Coney Island are the roller coasters on white.
Imba connects to Hi Tech.

I was thinking of making an updated map myself so I can test creating Garmin custom maps. If @Norm doesn't mind his map getting replaced, that is.

stilluf

Assume you're talking about strava segment names - there tends to be so many I generally ignore them. Usually there are multiple segments that cover the same trail sections, some are long, some are ridiculously short. When I create strava trail segments they are usually analytically boring (like trail marker 5 to 7) but at least I know exactly where they start and finish
Not strava, just the names that the regular riders use.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions