Trail Maintenance Oct 15 8AM-Noon

Id_rather_be_skiing

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
When: Oct 15
Time: 8am

Location: Cutting a new orange trail. The park lead has flagged a corridor for a new trail between the Service Road/Patriots Path and the Green trail. It’s basically going to be a better orange trail in this area (map attached). She tried to look at a corridor across the service road from our last build but the vegetation is too thick for this time of year. As the brush dies this fall, she will flag the extension of the pink dot trail and we can get to work after that.

Parking: Mendham Overlook - Same parking as the last time.

https://jorba.org/.../lewis-morris-trail-work-october-15.../

Attachments

• LM Orange.png
    LM Orange.png
    665.1 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

Shorepoints

Rode this new section Sunday. Congrats on covering alot of ground so quickly. Curious where/how this trail integrates into the rest of the system. It ended on a fire road which wasn't adjacent to any other singletrack. Is the plan to build more singletrack where the new section currently ends?

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rode this new section Sunday. Congrats on covering alot of ground so quickly. Curious where/how this trail integrates into the rest of the system. It ended on a fire road which wasn't adjacent to any other singletrack. Is the plan to build more singletrack where the new section currently ends?
It will cross over and continue, is my understanding

Id_rather_be_skiing

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
this next work day is likely what @MadisonDan said, cross the fire and use that land. In theory a lot of the "bad" builds are going to be closed after new trails are opened.

Dominique

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I posted this on my NICA team and there are 2 that said they are coming and 2 maybes. Simon and I are probably coming as well.

I would suggest changing the title of this thread to TM/Trail Maintenance instead of Workday...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions