Trail for Runners

F

FSTYLE

Are these trails good for running? Do you see people running on them? Is there room for runners and bikers? What is the surface? dirt?

THanks. This was the only forum I could find for this trail.

Last edited by a moderator:

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Are these trails good for running? Do you see people running on them? Is there room for runners and bikers? What is the surface? dirt?

THanks. This was the only forum I could find for this trail.

there's a lot of trap rock in the park, which is good for an ankle twisting. i have run the park, but i prefer running lewis morris or jockey hollow's grand loop.

N

Neen

I've run those trails plenty of times. Some are a little more dangerous (ankle twisting) - but some are fine. If you park at Newmans, cross the street, head straight in, with the river on your right, and just keep following that trail, it's pretty good for running. If you continue to the first street crossing, it's 2 miles (there and back), you can continue past that street and keep going.
If you park at Newmans and cross the wooden pedestrian bridge, make the right, cross the river, make a right sothe reservoir is on your right, keep going all the way to the fence at Chimney Rock Road, hop on Chimney Rock Road and cross the bridge, into the next gate, and follow that back, that is also a 2 mile loop. Hope this makes sense as directions are not my strong point :p

F

FSTYLE

Thanks for the help guys.

I would like to run the yellow trail near Miller Lane off Voseller Ave.

What is that trail like? Wide? Rocky or dirt?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions