Trail curtesy.

Days like today are particularly tough, and courtesy goes a long glong way for us MTBers. Thanks!
Agree so much...can't tell you how many times I stop on the trails at Hartshorne or Huber especially on weekends for walkers/joggers/dog owners who tell me that I am the first person to give them that courtesy. They all appreciate it, and I always tell them that they have the right of way and many of them have no idea--they assumed that mtbers had the right of way since so many blow by them at speed.

Brian

These thread pop up at least once a year.
We as a group are our own worst enemy As Brian said there are a lot of riders that just blow by people If we all just take a second to stop for others maybe say hello the general population would not look at us as "dew drinking yahoos" .
We were out Saturday and someone came up behind our group and just dinged his bell the person he was dinging at did not realize it was not one of our group and did not move over. he got closer and our rider clipped a tree and went down not hard but all that could have been avoided with a simple verbal greeting. I stop more than I should when the trails get busy and I hear just about the same thing as you guys do, Plus I try to get people interested in helping out on TM sessions and if they aren't running away by that time I get to the hard sell about JORBA going... :)

When I see hikers on my ride, I would slow down or get off my bike when they have their dog/s with them. Nowadays, hikers seem to get off the trail and let me by. I wonder if its because of the look of suffering expression on my face...

We were in Six Mile a few weeks ago with our Tandem bike friends. Some guy on an SS got super pissed because he had to stop (we were climbing, he was descending). Whah! If you don't want to stop for traffic, don't ride at Six Mile on a weekend! Maybe he was a strav-a-hole.

I prefer riding in Allamuchy & Stephens. Other than the technical challenges, you rarely run into other trail users in those parks, bikes included.

giphy.gif

What is the courtesy rule for riders who are

A. Riding uphill same as you but faster

And

B. Riding downhill same as you but faster

We already almost established the opposite direction courtesy just wondered about this

Well, in races we were taught to say "track" left or right but only pass a rider when it's safe for both of us.
Much different rules for a training ride. ...on a beautiful weekend day. ...at an overcrowded park. .. I take my time getting around others and always say something friendly. And i have no problem stopping on a trail for hikers or bikers, it really doesn't effect my ride at all.

Some stravasshole yelled at me to claim his birthright / right of way at six mile. I loled moments later when it sounded like he said the same stuff to a dump truck on S. Middlebush and the driver replied with his airhorn. Fingers crossed that dude learned something.

Some stravasshole yelled at me to claim his birthright / right of way at six mile. I loled moments later when it sounded like he said the same stuff to a dump truck on S. Middlebush and the driver replied with his airhorn. Fingers crossed that dude learned something.
I think that was me, you were riding so slow in surprised you didn't fall over

Back
Top Bottom