Trail Conditons 2-12-09

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Chris and I went out this AM to work on a new trail that we have been scouting. The ground is basically soup for 2-4" and then permafrost below that. Kinda good trail cutting conditions but that is about it.

It either needs to freeze solid or stay warm and windy for a week straight before anyone should be out here on a bike.

Not only will you f'k up the trails.. It just isn't any fun. Imagine 50lbs of puddign on your tires and you have the idea.

Ian F

Sounds similar to the conditions we rode in at Fairhill a few weeks ago - agreed - not much fun... :(

I'm not used to thinking about this sort of thing... one thing about riding the Wissahickon... basically being a steep valley with a strange, almost sandy (but not quite) soil, it drains very well... so 'pudding' conditions are limited to a few isolated areas.

Last edited:

alex_k

Sounds similar to the conditions we rode in at Fairhill a few weeks ago - agreed - not much fun... :(

I'm not used to thinking about this sort of thing... one thing about riding the Wissahickon... basically being a steep valley with a strange, almost sandy (but not quite) soil, it drains very well... so 'pudding' conditions are limited to a few isolated areas.

Ian, could you post the trail conditions at the Wissahickon

Sircrashalot

Thanks for posting J...I was just lookin out the window thinking that with all the sun/wind it might be OK this weekend......saved me a trip to the lot to check it out.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
what we need now is a deadly freeze like the one in the day after tomorrow and everything will freeze solid in a second. As long as i am inside when it happens, :getsome:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions