Trail Conditions Update? 3/12

xc62701

Hey guys and gals. What are the conditions like now? I know the flood is starting to recede and wondering what it's all like. I figured I'd start a new thread cause somehow they always get off track...;)

Anyway I'll do my contributing. Allamuchy north was actually better than I thought. There were many stream crossings and sections of pooled water but if you do your best to get around them there won't be any trail impact. The rest of the trails were pretty good. They were pretty solid with not much surface mud. The leaf cover is really helping. Since conditions were good I got an hour and a half in yesterday. Just stay in the elevated areas and you should have no problem riding. Just be smart and don't rut everything up.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
Anyway I'll do my contributing. Allamuchy north was actually better than I thought. There were many stream crossings and sections of pooled water but if you do your best to get around them there won't be any trail impact. The rest of the trails were pretty good. They were pretty solid with not much surface mud. The leaf cover is really helping. Since conditions were good I got an hour and a half in yesterday. Just stay in the elevated areas and you should have no problem riding. Just be smart and don't rut everything up.

Thanks Ryan!

BAIN

From Monday - Lewis Morris

"I was really surprised that after that rain we had it wasn't in worse shape then it was. Overall, I would say 75% of what I rode was near perfect. I only did the yellow loop from right to left and on the downhill back to the pavillion I busted a left on the orange and brought that back across to the beginning of the yellow and called it a day.

Muddy spots: The valley by the bridge just below the back parking lot was makeable, just very spinny. The only section that I didn't feel like taking down, allthough I tried before getting the feeling that I was going to eat shit was the section from the back parking lot that parallels the road that leads to the pavillion. The downhill to the paviliion including the road was pretty soft, I wouldn't recommend climbing that just yet, well not in the afternoon.

Anyways, the orange as a whole was perfect. The yellow was pretty fun up until the back parking lot. All in all I had a great time.

Gonna go back wednesday to check out the other side and intermix the red/blue/green."

Still on schedule for tonight, will report back later!

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Hartshorne & Huber 3/11

Ryan, you beat me to it. Good looking out.

Rode Hartshorne and Huber Tuesday afternoon. Both parks are in excellent shape, as far as mud goes. There are a few soggy spots at Hartshorne, but both parks can be ridden w/o fear of doing any damage.

There is a good deal of bike-induced erosion in Hartshorne, perpetrated by knuckleheads who can't stay off the trails when things are a muddy mess. Huber has nary a bike track to be seen, but lots of horsey-foot holes instead.

Frank

Sasquatch
Allaire too

There is a good deal of bike-induced erosion in Hartshorne, perpetrated by knuckleheads who can't stay off the trails when things are a muddy mess.

Ditto that. For the most part Allaire is great although I've avoided tiger woods and the switchbacks. Will check today.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
6-Mile?

Anyone checked how 6-mile is doing? Wondering if it might be OK for tomorrow night?

xc62701

I cut through the Tourne the other day and hit the fire roads for a sec and they were good. Not sure about the ST though. I bet it's pretty mushy. It's holds moisture there pretty well. I might get out there this week. If I do I'll post up a report.

BAIN

Tourne is in pretty decent shape. Rode there sunday. Did all of the red and some of the inner side trails. Way more mush at LM

don

Rode Hartshorne and Huber Tuesday afternoon. Both parks are in excellent shape, as far as mud goes. There are a few soggy spots at Hartshorne, but both parks can be ridden w/o fear of doing any damage.

There is a good deal of bike-induced erosion in Hartshorne, perpetrated by knuckleheads who can't stay off the trails when things are a muddy mess. Huber has nary a bike track to be seen, but lots of horsey-foot holes instead.

Funny - I took a quick 1 hour spin thru Hart yesterday - didn't see any other riders.

Agree with the statements about Hartshorne. I'd like to add - that I think the place needs some serious work. Overall the trails aren't bad - but they are super wide in a lot of parts with paths going all over the place. And some of the climbs/decents I think might be just too steep for the sandy soil there - seems a good rain and use just washes it out.

But the trails felt good on Tuesday - kind of tacky which is perfect in my books.

cbiker

Just got back from Round Valley from Cushetunk Lot its very dry with the exception of the short portion of the powerline road.

BAIN

LM part 2!

Just got back. Started at the parking lot and took patriots path up and over, passed the first downhill and went and made the left behind the homes. Popped out at the bottom of the first downhill by the boat. Everything was perfect up til that point. I would say unless you need to be in the mud, I would avoid the singletrack uphill from the boat. It is all makeable, but bring the hose. After cleaning my tires off from bombing down to the bridge, I banged a right on to the northern loop and took the rocky climb up, just because I love the washout bomb on the other side. Northern loop was perfectly dry. Crossed over the road and dipped into the yellow right off the start and took it until I hit the orange. Took the orange to the green, got back on the orange (god damn I love that view from the orange over the side) and popped out over on the end of the yellow to the pavillion and that was my day.

Not super long, but enough.

monkey boy

Self-Imposed Exile
Jungle Habitat

Not to bad on the race course. That should be fixed this weekend.
The rest of the place is still a mud pit.

The more hands this saturday 9am the faster we can open everything else up. Come on out and lend a hand we have a great trail to work on.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
mahlon is good to go. have at it kids. it's 'springtime' wet where it's normally so, but otherwise, dry and firm enough.

bobkennelly

Sounds like you had fun, im jealous, hopefully for the weekend...getting some crazy fast road work in,but would rather be in the dirt..

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
Allaire 6pm Wed.

Looked good to me, except where the clay is unearthed. That stuff was still goopy.

Panhead

Wawayanda on Tuesday was hard and firm on top and loose and sloppy down below- kinda like Pam Anderson. Hitting Waway in 15 min.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
just think dry for the weekend and we should be able to ride most trails...even 6mile
dry dry dry dry this is for friday afternoon and sat....

Top Bottom