Trail Conditions Update? 3/12

F

FallGirl1430

Hello once again fellow MTBNJ'ers :)

Today Tommy and I rode @ Washington Valley/CR, trails were mostly dry with a few muddy spots in the usual places. Since my Epic scoot was squeaky clean I didn't ride the wet stuff. I would say it's 95 % dry without leaving any tire ruts.

Christina & Tommy :)

ps. We are planning to ride Stewart Airport on Sunday

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
6-Mile

Rode for a short time after work today. Conditions were pretty good on the new trails on the Canal side. Didn't have much time, so I don't know how the other areas are. One super muddy area by the steel drainage culvert on the new trail, walk it. The new trails are sweet!

crash_in_nj

I hit Allaire today after work. Overall things were pretty good. Even the river trail was in good shape. Unfortunately, one of the two trees that made up the tight spot in the hog bog came down. I was hoping to get past that one at least once this year without banging anything...

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
Rode for a short time after work today. Conditions were pretty good on the new trails on the Canal side. Didn't have much time, so I don't know how the other areas are. One super muddy area by the steel drainage culvert on the new trail, walk it. The new trails are sweet!
did the same section today you prob saw my car on your way out...me and a friend are gonna do the rt27 side tomorrow i hope its good it should be good except the usual spots...its gonna be nice to get north after riding allaire and hartshorne the last 3months...

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
3-14

6mile is soft and in the usual spots muddy or still under water that the rt27 side
any word on allaire im sure its good for tomorrow

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Kvsp

kvsp was soft today in some places, very soft in others and underwater in a few...like lower needle. overall not too bad though.

J-Dro

Skyline Drive was in good shape today. A few soft spots here and there...mainly close to the parking lot... and even those aren't bad. Hopefully we don't get another 3" of rain tonight so they stay that way for a while. LOTS of tree blowdowns have accumulated over the winter.

VanDbtRiver

chimney rock again today. Blue, red, orange and yellow were all ridable. few mud bogs and miscelaneous debris. had the whole place to myself as near as i could tell. Hoping to make the next tm date and clean things up a bit.

Tommyklein

Mahlon was good on 3/13. A little soft in a few spots but very rideable overall and not muddy. Outer loop, 3 stone, and cascade all good. Didn't venture over to the waterfall side. This park always seems to drain well with a few wet spots in the normal lower areas.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
the street of south amboy are in good condition...did 8 miles...but it was too nice couldnt stop there went on my way down to hartshorne but said F it and went to cheesequake instead...i was an outlaw didnt pay attention to the very small but still there no bikes sign...was very polite to hikers and the ones i saw didnt have there dogs on a leash...we made deals not to tell on each other...but i must have had too much air in the tires got a pinch flat out of the blue had to walk out .5miles...got it replaced and now i have an extra with me...reviews said cant get pinch flats on the velociRaptors...but i did...oh yeah but the trails were great after the rain in the late afternoon...so allai=re and hartshorne are good too...allaire more then hartshorne...

dualfisted

Allaire today

Whaddup sucka's?????? I hit up Allaire today, and it was pretty damn keen. Held off going until 2pm, to let the rain from last night seep in, good call. Couple of mud patches in the usual places, and any newly cut trail was a bit soggy, but still rideable (be gentle kids), the areas that dry up quickly or got sun were completely dry. Tomorrow is going to be hit or miss, we're supposed to get more rain I think, so heads up on that, if no rain, it'll be even better tomorrow. I did 18.5 miles today in two hours,,,, I'm dusted, the good kinda dusted.

mwlikesbikes

i must have had too much air in the tires got a pinch flat out of the blue .reviews said cant get pinch flats on the velociRaptors.

Too much air? Usually you pinch when there's not enough air. Any tire will pinch flat given the chance. Those reviewers are out of their tree! :p

dualfisted

Right on about the pinch flat dealy there Mikelikes.... meant to mention that. As for Allaire tomorrow, they're calling for rain tonight thru until after 10am tomorrow, so, if Allaire is in your plans, be gentle and stick to the better draining/sandier upper areas. lates TJ

Top Bottom