Trail Conditions - Please Read this Thread

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
using chrome, refresh is not the answer, it's been this way from the start. I didn't think browser... so I tried Explorer and it's like this

Yah that looks horrible. I will log it for now and clean up the style sheets once Norm is done. Unfortunately, I can't replicate it so it will be have to be theoretical tweaks and crossing fingers type of stuff.

Reactions: FFT

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Trail conditions displays funny, must be my monitor, huh? I tried other settings in control panel, display settings and the problem remains.

Fyi, your screenshot on Chrome looks like of like your fonts are bigger than mine. That could be causing the width of the table cells to stretch causing the horizontal scroll bar to appear.

When I do the tweaks I will try to make things not matter on the font size too much.

huffster

Using Chrome, mine looks fine
upload_2015-4-1_23-33-51.png

RobW

Individual trails would be used at a local level. And in my experience, locals aren't going to use a fine-tuned rating system to decide if they're going to ride. They know from experience what the trails will be like.
True statement. You could only allow locals to rate the park- ie: group of people who soley ride the same park 3-4 times a week each. And when this came about, I really thought that is what it was- like a trail stewardship and spokesperson for the trails.

RobW

If you Take away the trail report threads, you force the dashboard. I know I always hated searching through everyone's opinion and small talk in the trail condition threads to see if it was worth the trip. @Norm will there be a sticky in the newb section introducing the site and capabilities?

rlb

Another vote for putting the dot color on the map. This is why I was asking for some type of RSS stream or something similar, it will feed nicely into a project that I'm getting ready to launch in the next few days.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Here's a project i know you want, an inbound mailbox which goes into the ratings.....
"hey siri, text trail conditions", OK, what would you like to say, "six mile sucks", Six mile sucks, would you like me to send, "Yes", Message sent

nice to work on the blewsky team for this project. :)

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
easily interpreted on the back end.....
huhhuh - back end.
upload_2015-4-2_8-36-8.jpeg

Kaleidopete

Fyi, your screenshot on Chrome looks like of like your fonts are bigger than mine. That could be causing the width of the table cells to stretch causing the horizontal scroll bar to appear.

That was it!! Font size, I went from Large to Medium and it's fixed. Thanks for the help.

goodvibe

Thank you El Capitan. Excellent response!

Let me try a less official version.

We got in touch with the hiking community and they said they really didn't want to use our awesome new tool. Since we would have no members riding illegally, and the hiking community wasn't interested, we decided to remove it for the sake of cleaning up the dashboard.

huffster

I just wanted to say KUDOS again! This concept worked exactly as designed. Yesterday, i realized I could break free from work this morning. So, I checked the conditions, saw lots of goodness for Allaire and I took the 70 mile drive. It was in great shape. I rated the park again from the parking lot. Later when I got home I added some comments in the conditions page. Perfecto!!! THANK YOU!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's on the list to rate. It just needs data. @trailhead - can you take a guess? It doesn't have a default value right now.

Tim D

I'm not sure what you mean, I don't believe these are off limits anymore, they were many years ago but Hilltop has re-opened years back and I ride there a lot and see many other riders as well. Let me know if you know info I dont, thanks.

Top Bottom