Trail Conditions - Please Read this Thread

Can I have a ham sandwich to go with my local parks conditions rating! Best stuff ever invented on mtbnj right there.

Norm,
Is the avg over any 7 days or 7 consecutive?

If the former, then locales with infrequent reviews, like Cheesequake, won't be accurate. If the latter, will it say no posts in the last 7 days or such?

7 consecutive.

Only destination parks make it. Cheesequake won't make the cut. Nor will your backyard trails ;)

@jShort - Should I add Nassau?

7 consecutive.

Only destination parks make it. Cheesequake won't make the cut. Nor will your backyard trails ;)

@jShort - Should I add Nassau?

Yes, I'll be there a few times a week soon enough

Very cool. I really like the idea of adding the date of the most recent rating in order to determine if the 411 is recent. Please add Wayway and Stokes/HP. Nice work.

Kind of odd you have wiss watch and south mountain, maybe wiss but the other 2 are not legal whereas Waway is not on list. Stokes and HP I kinda get. I am sure the south may not be to happy either...

The list shows only parks that have ratings. Wawayanda & Jungle haven't been rated but they're on the list.

I'll add Stokes/HP but I'm guessing nobody will rate them.

Last night Jimmy the Hat @soundz added the functionality that the park name links to the last thread of that park's conditions thread. So if you are on the road and so inclined:

1. Popup the window
2. Click rate, add ratings
3. Click the conditions link
4. Click the link to the park, add a picture.

I'm going to add a link to the output to make that 4 step flow go to 3 steps. Later today.

Keep adding input!

Parks should list alphabetically for ease of use

This should focus on NJ parks only IMO, at least for now

As many NJ parks should be added for now. If they don't get updated often then they can be deleted

Ok when you rate a park, the confirmation message is a link to the park. It will bring you to the end of the trail conditions thread so you can add comments or pics if you want.

Parks should list alphabetically for ease of use

This should focus on NJ parks only IMO, at least for now

As many NJ parks should be added for now. If they don't get updated often then they can be deleted

So let me explain. The general aim in doing this is to target the people who are looking to drive to ride. For me, I don't need to look at this list to know Six Mile & CR suck right now. In a week from now, maybe I'm thinking. "So what's good to ride?" That's the intention with this. Because of this, I want to list them from best to worst. If I see a park is 3.0, I'll drive to go there (assuming there are actual ratings).

That's also why I don't want to list those mini parks that are not "drive worthy". I think Nassau & Tourne are right on the limit of this. Anything smaller is not a destination park. Only locals go there and they don't need a list like this to tell them the park sucks.

I add Stewart because we have a race there and the DH guys are friends of us. I add Wiss for Ken because he asked.

I can add the functionality to sort by column header but I want to clean up my code a bit.

Back
Top Bottom