Trail Conditions - Please Read this Thread

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
1. I don't want to overwhelm the dashboard with 50 parks in NJ
2. No, if a park is rated once ever it stays on
3. In the last question I would be willing to add if we had someone willing to step up and own a park

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
4. The number of ratings are from the last 2 days. @gt2brew convinced me that anything older than 48 hours was a waste of time.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
@rlb - added to my list

@gtluke - there's some discussion on add to wiki, to that park's trail conditions, or to latest in trail conditions

@Mountain Bike Mike - it has struck me that this is really simple & could be ultra effective anywhere. Honestly if this works for us I would be more than happy to give it away to anyone who wants to use it.

Can you imagine the karma points if you gave it to IMBA!

rick81721

Lothar
4. The number of ratings are from the last 2 days. @gt2brew convinced me that anything older than 48 hours was a waste of time.

What happens if a park is not rated in 48 hours, does the light system turn off and the park remains on the list? I guess we'll find out with the sourlands in a few hours

qclabrat

What happens if a park is not rated in 48 hours, does the light system turn off and the park remains on the list? I guess we'll find out with the sourlands in a few hours

that was my next question, why keep a park on the dashboard with no activity

I'd prefer to have these parks dropped off and a footnote on the bottom in finer print that these listed parks did not have a review in the x# of days (I know, creepy)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I disagree.

I need you guys let the current design play out before we go changing the scoring system yet again.

The dashboard is only going to be useful when things are dicey, like now. In 2 months it will be green across the board and nobody will use it. Should we just turn it off then? I think all the parks should be 4.0 and green and they should all carry forward because they're good. A park carries forward and people will change the rating when they see it does not make sense. Then a local may change it or someone will go and update it.

Likewise, we all know Chimney Rock is a mud hole right now. We're not going, so what happens if we all just tune out and not go? The park falls from the list and then maybe someone goes and adds yet 1 more set of ruts. I think CR and Six Mile should carry through that 1.0 rating until someone goes and says it is better.

The real issue will be the parks that get no ratings. I can see the total number of ratings a park has. So I will have a better idea in a few weeks what people are riding & rating.

Currently your top 5 are:

Allaire - 17
Six Mile - 16
Chimney Rock - 14
Round Valley - 9
Sourlands - 8

To answer Rick's question - Sourlands will carry that 1 over forever.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Because Mercer has 3x the mileage as Clayton. Like I said earlier, I wouldn't drive an hour to Clayton just to ride there.
i agree with this. you have to do like 2-3 laps at clayton to get 10 miles

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
can't we all just get along?

i think the amount of parks that are listed is spot on. if we went with the park listing that could be created out of the BIYF thread this year it would be longer than the recent posts lists. less is more. sometimes.

rick81721

Lothar
I was surprised to see 6MR in the Yellow yesterday - maybe someone rated it while it was frozen? Looks like it's back in the red

qclabrat

guessing the 3 reviews in the last 48 hrs are 1, 3, 1, in that order
haven't been to 6MR yet, but what I've heard, its a mess

like Norm says if you go and disagree, real important to rate

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, more feedback on these parks is better. I think CR is agreed on to be terrible. Six Mile there seems to be a few people who think it's not as atrocious as it can be.

Top Bottom