Trail Conditions for MLK Weekend

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Hi Gang,

It's cold for sure, but if any of you got out on the trails this week please help us out with posting some conditions. This is a holiday weekend with the potential for people wanting to get out and ride.

I can Start by saying Ringwood has breakable crust snow on the ground, with a wicked layer of ice underneath.

TJYeti

Knows about bikes
I rode the Tourne on wens. afternoon and conditions were great. Nice crusty crunchy layer of snow with no icy spots. No problems getting traction with low tire pressure,topping climbs not an issue. Probably hit it again sometime today.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Allaire

Was just at Allaire. Trails are in good shape. There's a little snow but plenty of traction.

I'll be there again tomorrow.

-Eric

Last edited:
F

frankinnj

We rode skyline drive (cannonball) on wednesday night from 5-7pm. It was rideable but it made you work very hard, no free-rolling. I am hoping it is freezing up for tomorrow.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
deer park

Just got back from deer park and has soft snow with a crusty under layer traction good with no ice issues. Felt like I did double the amount of distance asI did alot of trail breakage. Plan on sunday ride if anyone is interested.

kush

Mercer

Just did 14 miles at Mercer with lights

On the chilly side, it was 10 when I got back

golf course side is pretty rutted in places, but not too bad

Otherwise pretty good out there.

kush

Yeah. If any body part is experiencing cold, it can quickly become a bummer.

I started off with my "to 25F" gloves. 5 mins into it I couldn't feel my fingers. Went back to the car and got my snowboarding combo glove. Much better.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
Yeah. If any body part is experiencing cold, it can quickly become a bummer.

I started off with my "to 25F" gloves. 5 mins into it I couldn't feel my fingers. Went back to the car and got my snowboarding combo glove. Much better.

You should have brought the "to 25 Kelvin" gloves this weekend. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

xc62701

Yes. The ice wasn't an issue. It's covered well enough. My main issue was trying to climb the soft hills on the SS. It's good go ride it!

TJYeti

Knows about bikes
Tourne was again perfect snow conditions this afternoon. Rode fron 3:30 to five and had a great ride. Pretty much everything is do-able. Only saw one other set of tracks - come on guys, get out there!

bruce.b

Dickwad
Those were my tracks. I was there at the same time. Great trail conditions, good traction and faster than I expected.
bruce

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
deer park has been outstanding, K.C. and myself have really been the only ones to have been riding the whole park where is everybody? It's really surprising considering the conditions are prefect.Peace..

Top Bottom