trail closures?

rouge trails/trail closings

i agree illegal trails are a problem, but it seems the reaction to these trails (ie cut trees) are making the issue worse. if the arguement against these trails is unsustainableity then the cutting of trees and brush to close off these trails contributes to the erosion. i dont know if it was the park or an individual that responded to these trails in this manner but looks to me like the "fix" is just as bad as the "problem"

thanks. This is what I meant to point out more than who's closing what. Whoever did it should take some TM classes. At least get "the circle of death" speech. Can you imagine us doing a reroute and using a chainsaw to cut live stuff down to block old trail?

Next time let me do the talking.

tumblr_l7mvfqiNvv1qbjtzz.gif

The Park will react as the park reacts. Downed trees are harder to ignore than a fence or some really stern :rolleyes: signage. Rouge trails most always turn to shit ( ie ***** mans) because the dick face building it doesnt know his ass from his elbow. Getting the bandits to stop is near impossible for the park. They sneak in and do what they do. Most arent unloading tools in the hospital road parking lot and marching into the woods. Dont ride the trails that arent built by atug and they will eventually be taken back by mother nature. If you know whos doing the building turn his name into the park or just " lean on him a bit" next time you see him. :getsome:

Thanks. This is REALLY what I meant by posting. Just beat people up, regardless of who did what.

I'm still waiting on a call back from my Park Rep about the tree cuttings, so I can't give any more info on that.

I will be setting up a Patrol with FFT and The Rose. We are currently outfitting their bikes with with machine guns, grenade launchers, and baseball bat holters so they can lean on the dastardly villians. No mercy, no retreat, no surrender.

There's a fine line that ATUG and groups like that cant cross to get the message through. I have no problem crossing that line, have in the past, and have had results in doing so. So I stand by my offer to have a sit down, if nothing else I will fvcking tear their shit down right in front of them, Im very good at doing that as well. References available upon request.

this is a statewide problem that every one of us volunteers experiences at one time or another.

i am glad to see that folks here get it. it might feel good to bang out some new trail without permission but it really does become a time sink for our park leaders and the volunteers and distracts us from real improvements and new trails.

everytime we get a call from the supt about a roque trail, our reputation gets a chip knocked out of it... and we have to spend time doing damage control.

we'd much rather be doing new trails or improving the current ones and, hey... riding our bikes... than defending our own misguided element in the mtb community.

its really a kick in the sack, and frankly its kinda personal (although i doubt its rarely meant to be, sometimes there's no awareness that legit trailwork is going on; but sometimes its intentional).

in any case, the folks here that are on board, and volunteer and give back and get it... thank you!

happy trails to all of you and have a happy 2012 with many epic rides.

mergs

Happy new year

Happy new year. It is what it is and it will work out. Ride on.. happy and healthy 2012..

Dont worry about liscense plate #'s. This genius has his name plastered on the side of his work truck and the cats outta the bag. Nothing like friends you can trust with a secret. The park has info on the truck, dudes 1st and last name, and color and make of bike. Fvcking classic!!

Nothing like friends you can trust with a secret.

When I started up a conversation with him about the trail across the street he didn't do that great of a job hiding the fact that he had a hand in making it...

My old man was in the same line of work as him... Those guys just don't think or are to stubborn to think anything will actually happen to them... I say that cause my father didn't use belts while working cause he thought nothing would ever happen... Long story short, my father literally fell to his death

It would be unfair to expose the persons responsible, so lets just let things play out. I personally would go back in and restore the landscape to its natural condition. This has, in the past, gone a long way in the views of the park. It also took the heat off the parties involved and took alot of preasure off atug. I've also seen one of the guys responsible for similar rouge trail construction at sanctioned trail maintenance. He said 'I guess I owe it to them'. That right there is one way to step up and do the right thing.

So, there may or may not be a trail or 2 on the other side that have some really nice sections. Seems someone has gone through with a chainsaw and cut branches, small trees and used to block trail. Wondering if this is official work or not. Seems to me one of the basic rules of trail building, work or maintenence is to NOT cut trees that are there. Whoever did this hacked a bunch of stuff seemingly just to block. Was worried coming up to some of the dicier sections that I was going to come around the bend and run into a huge branch someone dragged on. Just not cool, official or otherwise.

Mark,
Thanks for the tour of "the other side" this morning. It was very educational.

Cheers,
Pat

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions