Trail Closure?

BAIN

Just wondering if anyone knew why the cross trail between the backside of the switchback and the upper lake had been closed. When you came off the backside you made a right on the gravel road and almost immediatly took a left to tackle that quick climb and then into a series of tech turns and logs and quickly arrive at the other gravel road near the top of the lake run.

Anyone?

BAIN

It was just a short crossing trail from gravel rd to another gravel rd on the north side of the lake. Not positive if the trail line on this map is it, but that is the general location.

What tower trail is closed?

ksvptrail.jpg

NJ Jess

Not on the map

If the trail is not on the map,...it is not an offical trail,...therefore,..ordered closed.

mwlikesbikes

That trail was in the race last year. It was a neat little techy bit of singletrack. When I rode there a month ago I was looking for it and saw it was closed off.

DownhillR3

Rob, NJXCJustin & I came upon a trail closed that looked closed for a reason with an over abundance of trees blocking it. Looked like it was the Sport section the beginners got to by-pass in last years BUlldog Rump Race.

BAIN

"Rob, NJXCJustin & I came upon a trail closed that looked closed for a reason with an over abundance of trees blocking it. Looked like it was the Sport section the beginners got to by-pass in last years BUlldog Rump Race."

There is another one! That trail if he means the one down by the cage near 206, that trail is so damn fun! I really hope that this "if it isn't on the map" thing is a bunch of bs. My favorite trail at KVSP is the 1 1/2 mile slow loop by the cage.

Was just looking at the map, they are gonna close all the warmups off the railbed also? I thought that KVSP was cool with all of us? Is this a Jorba thing, too many folks riding there? When did this start?

:mad2:

xc62701

I think it's more of a dislike of illegal trail building. The rangers there know exactly what's going on and if they see too much illegal building we may not have access to the park.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Sure took em long enough. I told the park about that cage loop when it was just ribboned off and they did nothing. If any of you see ANYONE doing trail work stop and give them 20 questions and make sure they're official.I've got most of the trail hackin scum pinned down now but they are changin tactics and adding new people I'm sure. My driveway lined w/ their heads on stakes, I can just see it now.............................:rofl:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So wait a second. The illegal trail builders marked the trail out with ribbons? As in, they tied ribbons to the trees like you often see with a trail in progress?

hardtale70

Shop Keep
Yes they do it almost every time. Maybe it's to throw off any suspicion of illegallity or maybe just a habit. They tie em high too. I used to tag Diablo at the ground so riders couldn't see to "pre-ride" sections

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Gotta say that's ballsy. I guess it's like just walking into a store and pretending you own it, grabbing something, then just walking out. But building a trail is a little more time intensive than stealing something.

How do you get away with building a 1.5 mile trail and nobody notices who's doing it?

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I'd venture to say they threw a bunch of tree branches down on the closed trail on purpose to keep people from going that way. WAY too many branches and trees lying across the trail for it to be a coincidence.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'd venture to say they threw a bunch of tree branches down on the closed trail on purpose to keep people from going that way. WAY too many branches and trees lying across the trail for it to be a coincidence.

You're a private investigator, aren't you?

hardtale70

Shop Keep
Just do some lite sawing and follow thw ribbons and ride it in. Ballsy works. I used to get on the bus w/ a suitcase of Bud, get off and walk it down past my homeroom and pack it in a snobank to sell at lunch.Did this probably 10 times during the first 2 winters of high school and no body ever said a thing. They all were probably like "was that beer? No way nobodys that stupid!!"

BAIN

One last question!

Very interesting! So the loop by the cage and the one across that Team Bulldog actually built, that they had closed because of Bee's a while back are going to be closed for regrowth?

FUK! I love both of those trails!

Top Bottom