Trail bridge design

I have currently come across a problem in the trails near my house. I have come across a 25ft wide marshy area I would like to cross. Makes it kind of hard crossing just pedaling thru it with the sinking of the bike into the swampy goodness. Just trying to get some basic ideas for a bridge design to cross this obstacle.

Figured I would put this in off topic, since there is no basic trail related sections and this trail is located in PA.

Wobbegong

I have currently come across a problem in the trails near my house. I have come across a 25ft wide marshy area I would like to cross. Makes it kind of hard crossing just pedaling thru it with the sinking of the bike into the swampy goodness. Just trying to get some basic ideas for a bridge design to cross this obstacle.

Figured I would put this in off topic, since there is no basic trail related sections and this trail is located in PA.

Is the ground firm enough to use a post hole digger?

warcricket

Like a Jerk
depends on how strict you (or the property owners) are but securing the bridge to trees is an option, granted they are spaced out in a manner that works. this should only be considered if the ground is not suitable for foundations.

Top Bottom