Trail Adoption: Tourne

I'm in. I did some TM and Lewis Morris last week then rode the trail - it was a nice "I earned it" feel and put in a nice laptime too! (for me that is!)

Ry and I rode Tourne last night and looked at the Red Trail. That is a great trail to adopt because it REALLY is a prime example of a straight-down the fall-line, unsustainable trail. The water will continue to rut it out and loosen those rocks until 5 years from now its a full-on gully.

Its good that you guys are tackling it this season.

Jason and Ryan have some great ideas on how to make the trail a bit more interesting, a lot more sustainable, yet keep its technical features and challenge intact.

Looking forward to hearing about your progress there!

Let me know if you need any help from JORBA or Morris Trails Partnership.

Last edited:
what's really going to be interesting is how both the local hiking population and the park itself allow us to alter the trail moving forward.

how's this all coming along...really looking forward to it...like i said before you can count on me bringing a cooler of beer

Looks to me like someone has been trying to re-route some trails already.

Someone also cut one of the small fallen trees out of the way. :)

YES it's true, We have done a little. I was there two days in a row once with Jason (runs this site) to actully tackle a little work and discuss options and the next with Jeff (runs Jorba site) he brought up things I never concidered and made it clear we can't actully reroute untill it's official. I entered the paperwork in my name to personaly adopt these trails; all that means is I get all the responcabilty but I am always open for suggestions and options on how we are maintenceing these trails, Jeff for example has expressed concern on how the trails run down the Fall line way to much, I agreed (Water runs straight down them) we also agree that the personality of the trail in question has always been that it is very techical and challenging. I will go out of my way to keep any and all re routes flowy, Rocky, technical, challenging and fast as they have always been, but there will be very important changes and reroutes to help save these trails!

1. We will have to close short sections that are being erodited by rain and melting snow (that dose not mean getting rid of sweet stuff but making Sweeter stuff right next them) 2. we have to design long sections of trails so they don't run Straight Down (fall LIne) the hills (this dose not mean making them flat or ultra twisty, it means carful desion making by experts and riders) 3. PUlling and leaving rocks (loose stuff will go but some rocks actully save trails; without them trails become rivers and rivers usally stay muddy all the time.

So hit the trails we are discussing. 1st trail on right when entering denville side. and the end of the red trails (big hill lot's of rocks). And leave me options on what you think should happen to them.

And Please; don't start work without us (let's take toll that they are everyones trails and everyones options counts)..... I will be posting a new thread for options. And will put up a post when we are ready to start!

Ryan

Back
Top Bottom