Traffic ticket for bike rack

Yeah, except my computer says my car won't pass, even though the emissions are clean. I liked the old way better.

-Jim.

Are they actually testing anything useful? No way the emissions were from my old car were anything close to clean. Before I finally took it off the road and swapped the engine, it burned a quart of oil every day. Passed inspection no problem tho.

I would have insisted that he blow me. Either he was too lazy to drive in the oher lane to get a view of ur plates or he had quota to meet. But all he did was make himself look like a dic. He probably even has the same rack u do. So eff him. He can keep eaten his donuts while we keep ridin them off. Jackass

ive met smith, hes a nice guy and i like him. now if its someone else for example and if im a police officer . im driving in the left/passing lane. i drive up on a car and he doesnt move over. i dont care if he doesnt know im a police officer. i am "on the job". the "left lane driver"1- will get pulled over. 2- you will sit in the back seat of the patrol car.3- you will get a ticket, 4- you will "bump" your head entering the patrol car, and 5 you will keep your mouth shut. thats the way it used to be, and in some cases it should be like that today.i know police officers and believe me some of them still operate like this. the police officer is right. you are wrong. thats the way it is.

Don't fight it. Only $54 and no points...it's not worth it to wait and wait and possibly get the flu from all of the people in the court.

Not sure if it applies to this, since it is not physically on the license plate, but in NJ, you cannot have anything touch or overlap any of the letters or numbers on your license plate. So, I do see where the cop was coming from, since the view of the plate was obstructed.

I had a Ford Ranger with a ball mount on the bumper and the Butler police gave me a ticket for obstructed license plate. I was fuming mad, but I paid the ticket.

My wife has an Explorer with a hitch mount rack and she got off with a warning because from Bloomingdale law enforcement because "she wasn't transporting bikes at the time".

It's not worth the time to fight it. I now own roof racks.

Turnpike- left lane 85+; middle lanes 75+, right lane 65+

GSP- left lane 70+; middle lanes 65, right lane 55

Sorry but this is not right. The speed limit is what is posted! The flow of traffic is usually higher than the posted speed limit, but that doesn't mean that its lawful to drive above the limit.

Isn't the left lane for passing only? If so then technically you are breaking the law if you're being a "Left Lane Dick" as I heard 101.5PM DJs put it.

So we prefer strict enforcement of an law that can be interpreted many different ways (i.e. how much time can it take me to pass someone?, avoiding emergency vehicles on the shoulder, etc.) but allow for violations of an exact speed limit?

Here are some guildelines for the roads i know.

Turnpike- left lane 85+; middle lanes 75+, right lane 65+

GSP- left lane 70+; middle lanes 65, right lane 55

Sorry but this is not right. The speed limit is what is posted! The flow of traffic is usually higher than the posted speed limit, but that doesn't mean that its lawful to drive above the limit.

I can see this thread doing the classic downward winter spiral...here we go.

I never said it was lawful to drive above the speed limit. I posted these speeds because this is the reality on these roads. If you get in the left lane on the tpk be prepared to speed.

Keep right pass left.

No parking on the dance floor.

ha, i just remembered this one from George Carlin.

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

What's funny here is to compare some of these opinions with many trail etiquette threads. On the trail many agree there are specific right of way "rules" but that we generally need to get along. Slow for the hiker, say hello, don't ride when it's muddy, etc. Yet on the road, we're in a rushed, everyone else be damned, frame of mind. It's really no different. It's better to avoid the road in bad weather conditions. There's many different abilities, ages, and purposes all legally sharif the road. You get my drift. Let's just take it easy.

I thought same iggs seeing that is still always at the top of the new list. Just needs to get some garbage heap to be a winner.

Vernon township writes alot of tickets for the rack/plate thing. Becareful out there, its a weekend cash-cow for them.

Thanks for all the comments. At this point, I'd just be happy if they'd post up my ticket on the NJMCdirect website so I can pay it before a late fee gets tacked on (I wonder if that's done intentionally...).

No address was listed on the ticket, just "E. Brunswick", I'm guessing I can just mail the payment to the East Brunswick Municipal Court at 1 Jean Walling Civic Center Drive.

ha, i just remembered this one from George Carlin.

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

^^^^
My favorite Carlin is "Why do people "Park" in the "Driveway" and "Drive" on the "Parkway?"...I just can't figure it out?"....Classic :)

^^^^
My favorite Carlin is "Why do people "Park" in the "Driveway" and "Drive" on the "Parkway?"...I just can't figure it out?"....Classic :)
Why is a package delivered by a car called "Shipment" and a package delivered by a ship is called "Cargo"?

Back
Top Bottom