Trader Joe's 2008 Vintage Ale

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
Just picked up three bottles of TJ's 2008 Vintage Ale. $4.99 a 750ml bottle, and it's a 9% dubbel style brewed by... UNIBROUE!

Pretty ecstatic about this one, give that it's nearly half the price of regular Unibroue beers. Haven't tried it yet but it's in the fridge and I'll report back tonight.

If it's good, I may just have to pick up a couple cases and stash them away. That price is hard to beat.

Last edited:

anrothar

entirely thrilled
definitely keep us updated. if it's good, i'll have someone pick me up a case and store it for me. no trader joe's' up here unfortunately.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
definitely keep us updated. if it's good, i'll have someone pick me up a case and store it for me. no trader joe's' up here unfortunately.
Not many TJ's around here, for that matter. I keep wishing they would open one somewhere in Monmouth County.

*Sean, I just finished in class with "To Build a Fire" by Jack London. While we were having a little geography lesson regarding the Yukon and its whereabouts on the map, I pointed at Palmer and mentioned that a friend of mine resides there. My students were suitably impressed.:D

Shaggz

A strong 7
While I have not sampled the VA, I've had other TJ offerings; a Brown Ale and Czech-style Pils come to mind. Both very good, considering the price point. I think the TJ in Wayne sells beer, and I may head over there today and pick up some of the Vintage Ale.

J-Dro

While I have not sampled the VA, I've had other TJ offerings; a Brown Ale and Czech-style Pils come to mind. Both very good, considering the price point. I think the TJ in Wayne sells beer, and I may head over there today and pick up some of the Vintage Ale.

The TJ's in Wayne does NOT sell alcohol unfortunately. I was there at lunchtime today. The clerk told me the only TJ's in NJ that has a liquor license is in Westfield.

At least I got to pick up some Jalepeno Lime Salsa. mmmmmm.

Shaggz

A strong 7
Well, I still need to go there for the burritos and enchiladas :drooling:

Last time I went to Westfield, it was a week before my daughter was born. I got a $25 ticket in the screwy parking lot, and vowed never to go back :getsome:

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
Downed a bottle last night, and I'd say the beer is worth significantly more than the $4.99 per bottle price. It's slightly sweet and very strong, with the deep brown color you'd expect from a dubbel/brown ale. Definitely a winner- on par with Unibroue's $8.99-$9.99 a bottle offerings but for half the price.

walter

Fourth Party
Well, I still need to go there for the burritos and enchiladas :drooling:

Last time I went to Westfield, it was a week before my daughter was born. I got a $25 ticket in the screwy parking lot, and vowed never to go back :getsome:

You mean the parking lot that has NO signs telling you that you have to pay to park there. It got me one time as well, and I freakin work in Westfield pretty often.:getsome:

And yes, Trader Joe's in Westfield sells booze.

Shaggz

A strong 7
You mean the parking lot that has NO signs telling you that you have to pay to park there. It got me one time as well, and I freakin work in Westfield pretty often.:getsome:

And yes, Trader Joe's in Westfield sells booze.
Loophole: You could pick some up for me and I can still make my stand :getsome:

Top Bottom