Town Cycle ! Awesome !

Dirt Dawg

Finally had a chance to get out of work early and go for a long ride.
NOT :cry:
15 Minutes into my ride to trashed my rear derailleur and twisted the hanger.
Got back to the car and made a few quick calls - the guys over at Town Cycle had one that was close enough to what I had on there and they were planning to stay open for a while.
They re-trued my wheel, straightened the hanger and set me up with a new Rear Derailleur - had me out the door in about a half hour ! WHAT ? Yes true, ok maybe a few minutes longer, but less than 45 minutes. WHAT? Yes - maybe they cant always do that - perhaps my showing up in riding gear helped, but I was fixed and out the door - and still managed to get a nice ride in tonight !
I do not believe it is proper to talk price - and I won't - but let's say that i was very pleased.
I am in the market for a new bike - I will seriously consider these guys!

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Shop and crew in the far north get it done. Our experience with TC has always been above and beyond.

huffster

I've always had positive experiences there as well. I sometimes feel guilty that I don't bring them more business. I've become pretty adept at fixing things myself. But, if I need something from an LBS, they are my go-to shop.

kidzach

Town Cycle is my go to LBS. Coming from Nutley it is a bit out of my way. but well worth the trip. I'll be buying my next bike here if I can only decide what to buy.

serviceguy

The guys at Town Cycle saved my JORBAFest attendance today. I usually buy most of my stuff online because I am not around during opening hours. My old wheel set has a shot bearing so I decided to rock the 29+ that I have been working on (meaning that we’re sitting in the garage) for a while, only to find out I had no tool to tighten the center lock with the spline on the inside (no one dies, it wouldn’t fit the 15mm hub). Disaster! Thankfully they had the nut with the outside spline, they even dug out a second spare for me and let me borrow their torque wrench in case I didn’t have the correct bb tool at home (which I actually do). Very nice guys, will bring them my business whenever possible.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I smashed and bent the shit out of my rear brake rotor 30ish minutes into a ride up in West Milford today. The weather was incredible, and I almost cried thinking about the awesome ride I had planned and how it would not happen now. Then it occurred to me that Town Cycle was only a few miles away. I managed to use a rock and my mini chain breaker tool to get my rotor straight enough that the wheel would actually spin, though the brake didn't really work at all.

I made it out of the woods and onto Union Valley Rd and cruised over to Town Cycle. I went around back and called the number (remember Covid, people reading this many years from now?) and Mike came out to take a look. He had the right size rotor and swapped it out, and he also tightened my headset and pointed out some other things that should be looked at. I laughed and explained how bad I am at taking care of my bike.

To have my bike looked at and fixed immediately when I had never been to the shop before was amazing, and I owe the pretty awesome ride I was able to do today to Mike. Thanks!!

serviceguy

Another well deserved bump for Town Cycle awesomeness! Mike is THE BEST!

Thanks to his advice I avoided making a potentially catastrophic mistake while updating my wife's sub-entry level MTB (I wanted to install a hacked lower headset external cup to accomodate a tapered fork). Then when I went back for the rack that I needed to get the e-bike conversion kit going on the same bike he was again super helpful and even produced out of his magic hat (and at no charge) the missing piece of the puzzle (rack mounting seat collar) that allowed me to install the rack the same day. Every time I saw the smile on my wife's face while she was passing me on a climb on her e-bike I told to myself 'Thank you Mike!'.

Last edited:

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
They did me right, too. Actually it was my wife's bike. They were the only Rocky Mountain dealer around and my wife needed a very simple part that broke. Don't remember what it was exactly but it was small, plastic, and cheap. They got one and didn't even charge me. I've been singing their praises since.

Top Bottom