Tourne's Red Trail

RyGanley

If you ride the Red trail, notice that about 5 feet have been closed off due to major erosion. Please try to keep it closed and follow the reroute

Last edited:

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
RyGanley said:
The Red Trail, The Rocky Technical Trail, the steep that burns your lungs.. I under some construction due to erosion. If you ride Tourne you know or this trail, it's on the far side of the park near moutain lakes. Due to heavy rain this summer and a forsean heavy winter this trails most likely will be destroyed by Erosion. Steps have been made to divert this trail while keeping it as challenging and techical as ever... With a few new twists.. But with non involved riders and hikers out there with the "keep it like it was" mind set, we need to support these changes and not run the old line but keep to the new twists... So Enjoy and more work to come.

wow, when did this happen?? was there a TM? i'm sure that this is already taken care of, but hopefully it clearly marked (like the trails at LM) to let people know what is going on? an educated public is more likely to abide by the 'rules'.

RyGanley

bonefishjake said:
wow, when did this happen?? was there a TM? i'm sure that this is already taken care of, but hopefully it clearly marked (like the trails at LM) to let people know what is going on? an educated public is more likely to abide by the 'rules'.

The work is very minor, only choking down and a divert a few feet left of the "GULLY"

Last edited:

heythorp

my question is, Who finally got out there with a chain saw and took out all the logs and downed trees.

5:30am yesterday all trees in their places.

7am today. All trees blocking the trails have been taken out. I am glad they are out but not sure why some of them have been there for months. Who is watching that place? I am in there everyday and nothing is ever done. I was blown away today.

heythorp

Which town? Park is located in 4 different towns. Not sure why a town would go into a County park.

maybe jake has some info on this

Last edited:

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
heythorp said:
maybe jake has some info on this

that would be a first, huh?

the only insight i can provide is that depending on which town these felled trees were in (i haven't been to the tourne in MONTHS) that town may have taken care of it. there may be an agreement in place that allows the towns to maintain their "section".

that or someone from mt. lakes was pist they had to go over too may logs during their hike in 'second nature' and pull the money string. that always makes the town jump.

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
just to clarify: Ryan and Jason adopted that trail. since its in need of some repair, they're trying to solve a few of its basic flaws. Its a Morris County park. as for the chain sawing it was prob'ly morris co park staff that took care of the downed trees.

D

DANSPANK

Hi Ryan,
Post up when you plan on doing some TM there. Tourne is probably my closest trail so I'll come and give you a hand...

Top Bottom