Tourne Trail Work

Berms&Boofs

We will be continuing the work on the red reroute this weekend.

Sunday 10/5/2014 at 9 AM

Meet at the upper parking lot by the playground which is only accessible from Old Boonton Road (Norris Rd). If you end up at the ball field, just walk up the road to the upper lot.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=40.90...gl=us&t=m&z=16

Work gloves and tools will be supplied

Paydirt applies for next year, get a jump on it!

Hope to see you there.

RSVP and questions to:
digtourne[at]gmail[dot]com

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I should be able to make it again. It's the wife's birthday though, so I might have to duck out early.

Berms&Boofs

Thanks to Norm, Matt, Bill, Jim, Greg and Dave for creating some great new singletrack today! The new section looks amazing. This will be a big improvement to the Tourne trail network.

Attachments

• photo 2-001.jpg
    photo 2-001.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 373
  • photo 3-001.jpg
    photo 3-001.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 374
  • photo 4-001.jpg
    photo 4-001.jpg
    342.3 KB · Views: 371
  • photo 5-001.jpg
    photo 5-001.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 374

Berms&Boofs

The next Tourne trail work day is:

Sunday 10/12/2014 at 9 AM

All the other details are the same as above.

Hope to see you there.

RSVP and questions to:

Berms&Boofs

The next trail work day will be this weekend:

Sunday 11/09/2014 at 9 AM

Hope to see you there.

RSVP and questions to:

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Great stuff coming together at the Tourne. 10 people came out to get a sweet switchback setup. Hopefully the park officials with get the downfall cut and the trail will be opened soon. I heard someone rode all but one log over on initial testing. ;)

Berms&Boofs

We will be continuing the reroute progress this weekend:

Sunday 11/16/2014 at 9 AM

Hope to see you there.

RSVP and questions to:

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I should be able to make it again as well. Any word on when the rangers can get in and clear those trees?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
They got in there and cut out all the big trees. With enough people tomorrow we should be able to finish up the re-route. It's rideable as is, but will be better with a little bench cutting on the top section and some overall finishing work.

Berms&Boofs

The reroute is almost ready. We will be making some final improvements this weekend.

Sunday 11/23/2014 at 9 AM

Hope to see you there.

RSVP and questions to:

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don't think I'm going to be able to make it this week, but the trail is already riding great in both directions. I had two different pairs of hikers comment positively on it to me when I stopped to let them by. I told them that if they like it it would be great if they could contact the morris county parks people as we are looking to get permission to build more.

Berms&Boofs

The final rock was placed today and the red reroute is ready to ride.:)

Thank you to everyone who came out this year to help with this new trail!!! JORBAs first full year at Tourne has been a big success!

Attachments

• PB2300052x.jpg
    PB2300052x.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 333

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Excellent work everyone! Hopefully this is just the beginning at this park. Big thanks to Norm, Cameron and the rest of the trail crew.

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
I had two different pairs of hikers comment positively on it to me when I stopped to let them by. I told them that if they like it it would be great if they could contact the morris county parks people as we are looking to get permission to build more.

Good man! Its going to take good practice like this. Hello is great but also reading folks properly and knowing what is a good passing speed or whether to stop. This whole project came close to being shut down because of just one complaint. They seem willing to reward good behavior.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions